King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

You’ll need an NRA membership or, failing that, an illegally held shotgun

No, but I was a regular at the Galway races from the ages of 6 to 16.

The Galleon in Salthill was my favourite restaurant for many years closely followed by Hooker Johnnies in by Jury’s Inn

Leisureland was Mecca

I must have stayed in every BnB from Salthill to Barna

Leisureland?

That’s what I said :eyes:

1 Like

Close enough.

Apart from that first one, you are my spirit animal. I’m sure you stayed in Enda Collerans B&B once or twice too.

1 Like

First you have to learn what Nogra is and isnt.

Hint. No townies.

3 Likes

Townies dont frequent the galleon mate. They spent their youths either fighting on, or watching fights from the steps though.

First test passed

1 Like

Nogra is a state of mind.

1 Like

Edit - Wrong thread

A donkey would ate a pallet

God has called it a day I see. Thanks for everything bro

12 Likes

I don’t understand that. Surely the first shot was a goal?

"After the hour and extra-time, it finished Dunmore MacHales 1-6 Claregalway 0-9. So onto spotters.

And with Dunmore leading 3-0 in the shootout, that seemed to be that when Claregalway’s next kick crashed against the crossbar.

The jubilant MacHales panelists duly stormed onto the field to acclaim their colleagues. But wait — and these moments should all have John Virgo in commentary — where’s the ball going?

In the time-honoured fashion of this niche viral category, it was looping high in the air, then spinning back towards the now neglected goal and bouncing insolently over the line.

An eagle-eyed Claregalway sympathiser seemed to be first to draw officials’ attention to this twist in the tale, before the umpire acknowledged it by hoisting the green flag.

Cue plenty of groaning and chuckling in the crowd and a sheepish retreat to the sideline for the celebrating Dunmore panel.

It was, however, only a temporary reprieve for the Claregalway lads. Shane McGrath soon slotted the winning kick and the celebrations could kick off in earnest."

2 Likes

Goalie was badly at fault there.

It’s like that scene in Father Ted where he says how the whistle saved his grandfather’s life, and what happened then, ah they just reloaded and shot him.

8 Likes

LOL