King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

Apparently so.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2021/1114/1259916-galway-club-crux-resolved-after-thomas-gesture-to-gort/

You can’t even rely on the biteen of badmind any more @KinvarasPassion

You’ll see plenty of it next Sunday I’d imagine.

2 Likes

Lovely example of the old Galway city accent from Martin here. If you met him abroad you’d know where’s from as soon as he spoke.

3 Likes

A fucking magnificent accent.

1 Like

5 Likes

You don’t appear to be familiar with the nature of how things like this worked. Wheels need greasing on an ongoing basis. You’ll know for the future. Sorry about that now.

1 Like

The Killimor disaster in the intermediate final.

1 Like

Looks like it should have been a free out. Goalie taken without the ball.

He’d no business out there

1 Like

He got a dunt alright but would have been soft enough I think. Once the ball hits the ground it’s usually fair game for a bit of pushing and jostling.

Feel for the keeper all the same. A tough few days for him I’d say. Wasn’t even a puck out after. Ref blew it up as soon as it hit the back of the net.

Hard to know. A long ball in, he was comfortably enough under it. Just one of those awful things. Twould make any Galway Hurling person feel sick really.
Big looking side killimor. The lad that scored 5 or 6 looked a tidy hurler.

Wasn’t there a bit of controversy just before that with a Puck out

1 Like

It just wasn’t to be. He is a great keeper and very unlike him. When we went a point up, that looked it. Then a quick puckout to be caught by Killimor and the ref to make him retake it. It’s what makes sport so wonderful, the agony and the ecstasy. I thought the ref had a good game overall and I would be very slow to apportion blame to anyone. It was just one of those things. From a Killimor perspective, it’s been a long wait but that was a fine performance in a final and we also lost two key players to injury during the match. As someone said, a fine big strong physical team, well suited to winter club hurling. We’ll win it in the next year or two. Congrats to Moycullen, I thought the game was played in a great spirit. @TheUlteriorMotive were you at the match?

6 Likes

Moycullen keeper took a quick puck out. A Killimor player won it clean in the air. Ref pulled it back saying it was too quick. Moycullen won the retaken puck out which set up the last hopeful high ball towards the Killimor goal.

What parish are you from @Iggy ?

Moycullen had a penalty very harshly waved away even though Niall Mannion probably would’ve hit Lough Rea with it.

There’s an hour-long programme waiting to be made detailing the myriad of cock-ups by an absolute raft of Galway goalkeepers going back to the 80’s.
There’s just something that would flash across your mind as you’re about to have a €50 on them to bate Wexford or Offaly.

3 Likes

That and the fact that we exported our greatest ever!

There’s hardly any footage of him in action though, too far back.
On the plus side, there’s enough tales told about him and his little foible….
Clearly one of the very best, had the accolades and medals to prove it.

1 Like