King Henry of Galway (Part 1) šŸ‘‘

Yeah probably. Caltra might be the only exception. Actually St Gabrielā€™s might be even closer to Ballinasloe than Caltra is.

Caltra is about 5 miles or so iirc. Thereā€™s also ahascragh not far.

Ballinasloe is a sleeping giant

1 Like

Hmmm

There seems to be a lot of talk of Jayo starting tomorrow. Iā€™d keep him as an impact sub and give him a good 30 minutes tomorrow.

1 Like

Beshlow is an association football town.

Iā€™m hearing he starts. A miracle recovery from his season ending injury I heard about a couple of weeks back

Not every town in Galway can say they conquored Europe. But the Shlo been there and bought the T shirt

Liverpool FC is the most popular sports team in Galway, so yes they can.

Galway starting XV & subs vs Dublin
(2022 Leinster SHC - Rd.5)

1. Ɖanna Murphy (Tommy Larkins)
  2. Jack Grealish (Gort GAA Club)
  3. DaithĆ­ Burke - Capt (Turloughmore Hurling)
  4. Darren Morrissey (SarsfieldsGAA)
  5. Padraic Mannion (Ahascragh Fohenagh Gaa Club
  6. Gearoid McInerney (Oranmore/Maree GAA Club)
  7. Fintan Burke (St. Thomasā€™ Hurling Club)
  8. Joseph Cooney (Sarsfields)
  9. Tom Monaghan (Craughwell GAA Club)
  10. David Burke (St. Thomasā€™)
  11. Conor Cooney (St. Thomasā€™)
  12. Cianan Fahy (Ardrahan GAA)
  13. Cathal Mannion (Ahascragh/Fohenagh)
  14. Conor Whelan (Kinvara)
  15. Brian Concannon (Killimordaly)

Subs
16. Darach Fahy (Ardrahan)
17. Declan Cronin (Cappataggle)
18. Tiernan Killeen (Loughrea)
19. TJ Brennan (Clarinbridge)
20. Ronan Glennon (Mullagh)
21. Johnny Coen (Loughrea)
22. Evan Niland (Clarinbridge)
23. Gavin Lee (Clarinbridge)
24. Kevin Cooney (Sarsfields)
25. Ɖanna Burke (St. Thomasā€™)
26. Jason Flynn (Tommy Larkins)

1 Like

Bit of last chance saloon for fahy this year though there were always gonna start a big lad against the howyas. A bit of an indictment that David Burke is still a starter not just an impact sub. Whelo and concannon could do damage.

I see the minor footballers or whatever lost to Leitrim after getting hockeyed by mayo.

Wouldnt be too sure about thatā€¦ shefflin likes his work rate. hes raw but youā€™d hope with each game heā€™ll improve

4 Likes

True if he has it (I havenā€™t seen it yet mind) then worth persisting with. If he catches a few puckouts heā€™ll go a long way

Fahy has been stellar for whatā€™s heā€™s been asked to do. Heā€™s a demon for turning over opposition and doesnā€™t have the ability to give up on winning wayward passes into him. A pure die for the cause type that we donā€™t have enough of. Lads like Josie Cooney and Cathal Mannion have way more skill but they donā€™t have the mullock that Fahy has.

2 Likes

Fahy is improving steadily. I think heā€™s great.

Motoring well here, half time 14 - 6 Galway

4 Likes

Young Niland better than the brother?

Seems to be almost as good on the frees while being a bigger threat from play. Seems to be a bit bigger and quicker than the brother as well.

Ah jaysus as I type he scores an absolutely outrageous point! Picked the ball first time on the run at full pelt inside the Galway half and ran 50 yards weaving in and out before putting it over the block spot on the run.

3 Likes

Underage next year as well I believe

Full Time: Galway 0-25 Clare 0:09. An absolute tour de force from Galway and in particular, Aaron NilandšŸ‘

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a good win.
A lot of lads must have played well.

1 Like