King Henry of Galway (Part 1) 👑

That’ll drive glas and Brendan Cummins demented.
Cianan is a very lucky boy.

Even James Owens saw nothing wrong with the footwork

The baying mob will have to find a new witchunt for themselves now

Shane Dowling is fucking livid.

No more spins in A391

I fucking loved that Galway team. :heart:

What a goal.

The last pass :clap:

Fucking Canning on commentary :unamused:

20 Likes

IIRC, didn’t that goal start from Divilly catching a ball under the crossbar from a free that dropped short.

1 Like

Joyce back in the full back line. Did Galway start that shit?

Hard to bate football when its played like that. Kick kick goal

Football was incredible around the turn of the century. Then Mickey came and changed the game. And fucking ruined it.

1 Like

Kevin Welsh I think??

The raking pass from PJ to Clancy also a thing of beauty. Fucked away a chance to win the drawn game when savo went with the right and dropped it to the goalie. But then if they won it would the 2001 odyssey have happened. Some of the purest football ever seen that year, the first 20 against cork, for a while against Armagh and in the final.

Total Football, invented in 2001, ended in 2001.

6 Likes

I was at that game. I was desperate for a ticket and offered some auld stock from Kerry well over 100 for the spare ticket he announced outside James Gill. He wouldn’t hear of it and just took face value. A fucking gent. We ended up getting hockeyed.

12 Likes

We fucked it away in the first game. Savo :sob: Looked like the end of that team but we came through the first ever back door the next year and won the All Ireland. We had to beat Armagh in the QF and Derry in the Semi to do it and by God we’ll do it again

For all our fancy dan forwards Tomás Mannion was the key to that team

12 Likes

Mannions move from the corner to centre back was fucking genius. He was a class act. I loved that Galway team. Few didn’t.

3 Likes

Because they kept breaking Kildares hearts? :grinning:

Ah they were a lovely team, Joyce, Donnellan, Ja, Kevin Walsh, De Paor, Mannion. Some of the best who ever kicked a football right there

2 Likes

They played football the right way and almost all could nail a kick pass to a lads chest from 40 yards. So many iconic players who gave us iconic moments. I’ll never forget that point from Sean O Domhnaill for example. Ah they were class. Just class.

2 Likes

That was football.

We’d have savage respect for Galway Football

2 Likes

& Joe

Well we do have savage respect for Joe, but he’s like a dog humping at our leg in recent times and it’s getting a little bit needy now to be honest.

1 Like

He went too far. He’s the boys eating out his hand but an astute fella like you has seen through him now.

The Big House detest yes men and leg humpers. JC has played this all wrong.