Knee operation for boruc

cant wait till season end

Holy Goalie to have a Knee Op

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/...868107.0.0.php

The Polish keeper revealed today he will have to abandon his plans to wait until the summer and have surgery at some stage during this season.

After struggling through last night, he said he is in too much pain to play on.

Boruc knows there are even more crucial matches coming up, including the final Champions League group game in Milan on Tuesday where a point would be enough to take Celtic through to the knockout stage.

There is also the Old Firm game on January 2, which could be pivotal in the SPL title race.

While Boruc initially hoped he could delay surgery, he concedes this is not possible.

He was forced to pull out of last weekend’s game against Aberdeen when a combination of a toe problem and his knee injury prevented him kicking the ball.

Last night he had to make clearances with his left foot to protect his right knee, but still finished in serious pain.

He plans to talk over what will happen next with Celtic manager Gordon Strachan and the medical staff.

With Kennedy’s injury and Lee Naylor’s calf problem adding them to a casualty list which already includes Mark Wilson and Jean-Joel Perrier Doumbe, losing the No.1 keeper would be a serious concern.

But Boruc said: "Everything is sore. I need surgery on my knee. I have to have an arthroscopy on it. I was going to wait until the end of the season, but now I don’t think I am going to wait that long.

“It’s not really good just now. But hopefully I will be fit for Saturday’s game against Hearts and for the match in Milan.”

Mark Brown will again be standing by, and could get the nod at Tynecastle to ensure Boruc is fit to play in the San Siro.

A draw is now all Celtic need to join Milan in qualifying from Group D. But, when they conceded early against Shakhtar, Boruc feared they would require a victory next week to have any chance of going through.