Lakeside memories

I never knew the BDO was fully gone

The modern player found the beds in the bdo dart board too narrow. Couldn’t hack it so went to the inferior pdc.

3 Likes

Yep, totally defunct, deeply in debt. The lads who won the World Matchplay and the Lakeside last year have stated they’ll not be handing the trophies back until their accounts are settled.

It’s a bit like how hurling used to be better when it was harder to score. Sure any auld eejit could hit a 180 on a PDC board.

You’d imagine they would have got record viewing figures this year with the lockdown and all.

1 Like

Who is Perez

• My boy blue
  • Sidney

0 voters

1 Like

Martin" the fraud" Adams was a Lakeside hero. Never had the balls to join the PDC.

Ted “the count” Hankey was the ultimate.
There was also a Dutch lad who looked like Frankenstein. He was a grand lad. My favourite ever actually.

Ted Hankey the night he nearly hit the announcer with a few darts. The broadcasters were blaming an open window. Turns out Ted was having a stroke.

10 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I remember on the BBC one year they built up a first round clash between Wolfie Adams and Tony O’Shea to be some sort of heavyweight contest.

There was one 180 in the full match.

Was that not when he joined the PDC?

I think the stroke line may have been used to cover up that he was half cut up on stage.

1 Like

Jan Dekker. Had the memorable nickname of ‘Mr Coat’.

He was pissed,the stroke story was bullshit

Why do you give the game away?

1 Like

Bob Anderson v Jocky Wilson was one of my earliest memories, everytime he got a 180 he’d shoot the board.

1 Like

Heard a podcast with hankey recently. Still claiming he had a stroke.

I remember the time Wilson went 5-0 up against Bristow in the final (it was first to 6)and they took a break,then Wilson nearly shit his pant before ending up winning 6-4 in a classic

2 Likes

Bobby George and the candelabra.
It marvel comics had designed a cockney wanker to pair up with 'arry redknapp, it was bobby George.

2 Likes

Bristow,Anderson,Lowe,Jocky,Deller,Mike Gregory, Paul Lim.Wonderful players,wonderful tournament.