Lakeside memories

Not a Lakeside memory.

Phil Taylor versus Mike Gregory in 1992 is my earliest dart memory. Taylor won in a final leg shoot out.

1 Like

Gregory was one of the defectors from the BDO but Olly Croft lured him back to the BDO with a wad of cash. Gregory never saw any cash and his career went down the toilet.

2 Likes

I once saw Phil “The Power” Taylor on the DART.

1 Like

I hear Sid’s idol Ted Hankey in a spot of bother.

Hankey Panky?

2 Likes

Ted had more charisma in his little finger than the current PDC imposters .

Against Modern Darts

1 Like
1 Like

Should be starting tomorrow. An awful pity. Used to be a fantastic comedy show in January.

Wouldn’t have been as bad as this year’s sky one anyway… 25 dart leg in the final :rofl:

2 Likes

It was actually 28 darts :smiley::smiley::smiley:
A dog with a mallet up his hole would do better.

:rofl: :rofl:

It’s due to be in Olympics in Los Angeles. Be a great day out for the medal games.

Wolfie won that leg against Fleety in 27 darts, thereby proving the superiority of the BDO.

It was impressive stuff from the three times World Professional Champion to motor ahead and close out the leg after Fleety had started the stronger and been ahead after 12 darts each.

If Sid and fellow BDO fanatics had put their hands in their pockets and supported the BDO then we might have a competition today. Alas not to be.

This from someone whose weekends consist of watching wall to wall American Football. Bit rich.

American football is a globally loved sport. Darts is followed by low life alcos.

1 Like