Laois GAA- bunch of hicks turning on eachother

He owes them nothing anyway.

They got far more than they deserved.

1 Like

Is he settled in England?

Fairly nuts to have been coming over and back every weekend for years.

Teaching there and shacked up with a quare wan from France iirc, over there 12 years or more. His future was always over there.

1 Like

That Portlaoise team must have some regrets they never won the big one.

Fuck um

I lived with someone from Portlaoise once upon a time and they kept going on about ‘The Town’ as if they were the only town in Ireland.

They used speak very highly of Zach.

They are fierce clannish and parochial there.

The Return of the King

Munnelly is giving it another year :eek:

Is Munnelly the longest serving IC player at this stage?

Cluxton I’d imagine. Definitely the longest outfield

Not sure we should count keepers in this, or any discussion.

He has some ego.

Think you meant to post that on the Poacher thread.

Just hanging about because to become the longest serving player. He’s not even getting his starting spot any more and his county have no aspirations.

Weak management to indulge a player like that on sentimental reasons. Munnelly comes across as very needy.

Kinda like Mikey Harte hanging around stinking up Tyrone Football until he was rightly shoved out the exit door?

1 Like

Mickey Harte wasn’t a player sitting on the bench.

He was managing the team. Don’t see how he was stinking up football in the county. Tyrone have been a top 4 team in a Championship won by 1 team in the past 6 years.

1 Like

Derek McGrath staying involved with the Laois Minor Hurlers for 2021. Despite the absolute capitulation against Offaly in the first round, the belief was that it was a successful venture. A touch of the "other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?” there, but apparently it was.

There’s a new manager in charge though. Galway man, and former Dublin intercounty hurler Declan Qualtar is the boss now. A teacher in Portlaoise I believe, I truly have no idea.

Things still relatively quiet on the Cheddar backroom team front, which is a bit of a concern in itself. Hopefully all going well there.

Qualter would have a bit about him.

We in Dublin would love to be able to afford someone like Derek McGrath to coach our Minor Hurlers.

It is with a certain irony that one looks at Qualtar’s backroom team and see’s the name Tom Brennan. I’m sure Eddie Brennan himself will have a wee laugh at that.

1 Like