Laois GAA- bunch of hicks turning on eachother

We’re getting auld when Zach is a veteran

2 Likes

Would an AFL veteran be well paid?

@gman would know best but he’d be in the top tier of earners over there I reckon

Was Wollie ever tempted to give it a go?

He loved his club too much to leave it

5 Likes

Woolie preferred to spend his summers spoofing around America I believe.

You believe?

Except to Parnells

Jesus I forgot he went there

6 Likes

Myself and woolie played football together in Oz. He didn’t stick around too long.

He said you were a right covetous fucker on the ball but that you were the most natural baller he encountered this side of Ross Carr.

I do.

My knowledge knows no bounds.

Would you not know?

No he didn’t, he fucked me out of it for taking my own score instead of passing him the ball.

1 Like

That would sound about right alright

He’s probably on about 350k or so. It would be the average wage really, some would be on about 1m or so, and rookies are about 80k, so he’d be on a reasonably run of the mill type wage. He doesn’t play a skill position so wouldn’t be on huge bucks, but he’d be on the higher end of the wages for a player in his role.

4 Likes

What do most of the AFL players do once they retire, while 350k is good money it’s not mega bucks

€360k ? I thought the Pay Over there was about €150k max…

No, would be well over that. The likes of Gary ablett and lance Franklin were recruited away from their clubs interstate for contracts over 1m per year. Irish rookies going over on the minimum would be on close to 80k now from recollection. Think there was some deal done to ensure they got well paid. So Tuohy would be well up on that. He left Carlton after they low balled him.

2 Likes

Don’t know, same as soccer players I suppose. Coaching, media and what not as well as normal work.

1 Like