Laois GAA- bunch of hicks turning on eachother

Mick Jones RIP

One of life’s gentlemen. cc @myboyblue

He got a good run at it, if we all live to that age we’ll be doing well. The last remaining link with the 46 team gone. The skies will be dark o’er Ballyroan this week.

RIP.

He was in good health until fairly recently. Lived in Bagenalstown for over 70 years but still as you said very much a Ballyroan man.

@myboyblue, I’ll correct myself on my last post. Talking to an uncle of mine there today and he was telling me that Mick Jones was a Bagenalstown native, a Carlow man born and bred. He worked with CIE all his working life and was stationed in Ballyroan after the Emergency. That’s how he ended up playing with Laois.

Paddy Ruschitzko who captained the Laois hurlers in the 1949 All Ireland was born in Bagenalstown as well.

I thought he was born in New York.

You’re actually correct. He was born in New York but after the death of his father at a young age, his mother left New York for her native Bagenalstown.

A very decent man.

1 Like

Paddy Rustyco as it was pronounced around town.

1 Like

@GeoffreyBoycott posting mistruth after mistruth on this thread

Admins, revoke his posting rights

1 Like

Fuck off you tosser.

Mate, there’s enough tension between Carlow and Laois currently, I’m ok to let the Carlowman off on this one.

This vile post wouldn’t have happened if admins revoked his posting rights

That language is disgusting

A great bunch of lads. Wonderful to see Jack Kenna looking so fresh there.

Hows that lad who was attacked in Carlow doing?

He got out last Saturday. A friend of mine who spoke to him Sunday says hes in good spirits, but still quite shook and struggling a little with speech etc, but that hopefully could be a combination of tiredness and swelling on the brain still. The doctors are confident he will make a full recovery, in time.

Laois GAA and Graigue have a benefit match planned in Graiguecullen GAA Grounds in the coming weeks. Safe to say it wont be Carlow they’ll play I’d suspect.

1 Like

That is good to hear.

Clonalsee sure