League of Ireland 2021 - The Greatest Basket Case League In The World

Too good for domestic soccer

Yes

and so - 2 weekends in we begin these monday night fixtures for some reason
they could at least wait till the easter holidays or on bank holidays instead of front loading them in the first few weeks on the season
low attendances await with the semi pro sides writing these fixtures off
cork drove back up to dundalk- they’re fucked

2 Likes

Shamrock Rovers sign Rory Gaffney

2 Likes

Rovers year

positive move

Was very useful when at Limerick any time I saw him. Decent fella too by all accounts

1 Like

Do UCD pay players @mickee321, or are they still all students?

Scholarships and everything that goes along with that I’d imagine

scholarships like @the_man_himself says
now this can take many guises
a few of them like david macmillan back in the day would be actually students studying real things like architecture or what not
now - part of the scholarship usually means they need to help out with football around the college , coaching other teams, ( 15s/17s/19s) promoting the sport in exchamge for i think around 1200 quid and the use of all facilities… they’d have 0 fees as well
now this is very good for fellas say on a football scholarship in DCU or UCC who are playing MSL/LSL or LOI with cobh or longfors who have shag all access to physios , decent gym or medical - here the college would sort all that - now id say a lot of these fellas would be Paul Flynn type characters who stutter thru a year or two and may never actually graduate

it might get easier for cork and waterford you imagine
reynolds and fenn both said that this time two weeks ago most of their starting 11’s last week actually had never even met let alone played on a pitch together
cork drew a short straw with srfc dk away - two big established sides -
you’d imagine they will level out with sligo and what not over time… both of them have a random collection of MSL players and young fellas from england who hare here because their management decided they needed a kick up the hole playing u21s with qpr or whatever

1 Like

a likeable old sort georgie
at least he was a character - ill give him that and he was phenomenal entertainment on and off the pitch - he had the opposition ( drogheda and shels) at the time wound up beyond belief

1 Like

Wait till preston take over then we might have a chance otherwise,I’m worried

i warned you numerous times cark would die and you ignored me

Ireland’s El Clasico about to get going here

Rovers well on top here

Deserved lead, Byrne spraying it around at will

Oh my fucking God. Goal of the season to equalise

Holy god

Have it

Can’t beat a sweetly hit volley