League of Ireland 2021 - The Greatest Basket Case League In The World

Without doubt ,it is what it is, I’ll follow blind forever,heard a strong rumour that Caulfield will be back but only if the club is taken over ( majority share)

Some absolutely scandalous goalkeeping and defending there :joy:

1 Like

:see_no_evil:

1 Like

Get @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy to post you down a few used tickets

1 Like

yep, before the game , the narrative is that Cark have loanees from Arsenal & QPR in defence and these will make a big difference to the standard of the LOI

1 Like

only have season tickets mate

When is burke loan up? He would be on a good contract from Preston. Way above what rovers could offer

1 Like

I’m a 00 man for years,but after last night’s display the thought of Mr Beamish looking mighty fine,the whures will have me back on the black stuff before the season ends ps wouldn’t take anything from a Rovers man, now but a decent club like Pat’s/ Shelbourne no sweat,but the bowsies of the LOI nawwwwwee

Neal Horgan’s book “The Death of a Football Club” is a must read i think for those who want to understand the LOI and football in this country
Horgan played for CCFC and was Jackie Lennox’s nephew,
In 2007 or so Lennox sold the club to Arkaga who were one of these equity investment things - Arkaga put 3 members of its company on the city board and proceeded to invest 2.4 million in the club before eventaully stopping in 2008- by december that year the club was wound up in the high court and the foras lads took over,
arkaga got involved because at that time the AIL concept was high with the setanta cup in full swing and that sat night final at a packed X in 2007 vs glentoran was a sign things were on the up

there was big things happening in LOI then Shels were beating Hadjuk Split drogheda were taking on dinamo kiev and it looked as if LOI clubs were going places,
ironically by 2009 CCFC, Shels and drogheda had all virtually ceased to exist
I was at Shels vs CCFC in tolka in april 2010 @Corksfinedtboy the weekend of the ash clould in iceland and it was the saddest game i was ever at - in 2006 they had played out a 2-2 draw in a fine era for LOI football with Ndo, JOF, etc at the helm - here there were playing at a walking place in div1

when arkaga pulled out of cork they were accused of ruining the club like anyone who realises they need their head examined to put money into an LOI side they left - they invested for success but the returns werent there
the foras idea was great - but its ok for an amateur first div club- they simply havent the cash to compete
you always hear about LOI needing private investment but investors expect a return
the LOI needs a fucking philanthropist or someone who dosent mind burning money for a cause

look -if peak six go - dundalk are done - Rovers are secure once DD sticks about - the BSC are a great semi pro organsation -Pats seem to survive within their means but every other club bar UCD is virtually bankrupt

3 Likes

Yep, Foras meeting just over hour and a half,ref rovers we had a better offer from DD but effing Foras declined,I predict within 3 months PNE will own us( 600000) paid already,we were 2 hours from being wound up 3m2 days before the LOI started, revenue bastards, we’re dead ducks ,will end up in division 1 without the guy who owns PNE and a lot of property in Cork

1 Like

See les Ferdinand was in tallaght to see Jack Byrne playing. Surely be gone in summer.

His contract is up n the summer I believe

Any QPR loan.players at cork

Why does a Malahide native follow Tallaght/Ringsend Shamrock Rovers? Would Drogheda or Bohemians not be the local team?

Bohs signed a rapist mate. How could anyone follow them

1 Like

Did they? That’s shocking. When did they do that?

2 or 3 years ago