League Sunday Thread

I missed it, what were they saying?

That you shouldn’t be allowed to make a tackle like that when you throw up the ball to strike?

Utterly nuts shit . Barron has a slight foot tangle & Moran had a fair tackle .

Cusack and Tyrrell like being the centre of attention .

Saying you shouldn’t be allowed to tackle someone who’s in the act of striking the ball. Cusack equated it to how it’s a foul in gaelic football if you have a swipe at someone putting their toe under the ball to secure possession. There was some thinly veiled criticism of Kevin Moran for not pulling out of tackling Canning because he was off balance. Really weird stuff.

That’s crazy. Just don’t strike the ball if you’re about to get nailed!

You’d have fellas manufacturing frees the whole time if that was brought in.

Cusack was off track there tonight and inplicitily seemed to suggest a conspiracy between the imho the clash of feet between Barron and canning and the Moran shoulder tackle .

It was clearly coordinated. The greats are always targeted but they are the ones who put bums on seats and lift our appreciation of the game time and time again. No harm if they get a little protection from lowlife mullockers just out to make a name for themselves down the local.

5 Likes

It was done in the wrong spirit apparently. I’d say if there’s a fella soloing through on goals there’s only one spirit you can do anything in

Waterford have the Cork crowd driven demented

8 Likes

Rent free

1 Like

All in a split second as well.

The cheek of any KK cunt to be talking about spirit of the game and tackling…

2 Likes

What was it mate? Didn’t see the show

1 Like

Ah here

Embarrassing.

especially a fella with a book called the warriors code where he talks about taking lives in tackles etc etc

1 Like

What “ought to “ be in the rule book would not have saved that injury .

i think the gist of it is not being allowed to tackle a fella while he is in the action of taking a shot.

Yes ; but Moran was committed to tackle and the rule book is for another day .

What should you do, stand up and watch him? Tis no wonder the Cork lads are pushing this.