Leinster Hurling Championship 2024

Its scandalous. Dub v Wex could have been played yesterday.

1 Like

Madness that it wasnā€™t.

John Cooney of Sarsfields. Is he a brother of Joseph?

Yes, he is also a younger brother of Kevin who would be a likely starter but is out with a more longer term injury. John would be around 23, Kevin around 26 and older brother Joe would be around 33.

1 Like

The biggest hurling game in Leinster today isnā€™t in the Leinster Hurling Championship.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just lost interest, it has very little relevance in my life . Last time I actually went to a match was 2019 all Ireland Dublin agin Kerry . Now Iā€™m usually on holiday around all Ireland semi final / final time and Iā€™m fcuked if Iā€™m going looking for an Irish pub wall to wall with Muldoon or a load of mouthy Dubs and the sun splitting the rocks

1 Like

This is the final curtain for the majority of the players circled below. Most of have been on the intercounty scene for 9 years at this stage.

Win every game and see how far we get. A Leinster title is required to satisfy the fans. Weā€™ll be hard to beat but there appears to be a lack of pace in the team which might trouble us as we progress.

The hope never dies.

5 Likes

Ah youā€™re talking about football? I wouldnā€™t cross the street to watch that.

2 Likes

Hurling is worse . No man to man no bit of whip or clash of the ash , like a game of tennis from the base line - lads sticking the ball over the bar from their own half ad nauseum . The biggest team is now the most dominant team because they play like a rugby team , draw the tackle and lay it off to free man as the opposition need about 3 lads to stop the carrier , last all Ireland I watched limerick agin Cork geroid hegarty must have scored about 1-6 without having to beat a man :joy:

2 Likes

I guarantee you most of them will be there again next year.

Thereā€™s plenty of EPL on today bud, youā€™ll be sorted.

1 Like

Epic :+1:

If we win AI, for sure :wink:

2 Likes

No. Wexford dublin is a more important match and thatā€™s not even on.

Wexford 1-23 Dublin 0-24
Galway 3-28 Carlow 1-20
Kilkenny 4-25 Antrim 1-21

Iā€™m less confident of a Wexford victory after hearing about the Dublin performance against Limerick in the BOICMC. They do have an All-Ireland club and inter-county manager on the line after all and Oā€™ Donnell, Burke and Crummey returning. But Iā€™d be a firm believer in the ā€œlaw of averagesā€ in sport and on that basis Wexford are well overdue a championship victory against Dublin. Chin and ROC should tip the balance in our favour.

Carlow only lost by about 6 points on their last visit to Galway in 2019. A tally that ultimately knocked Galway out of the championship on scoring difference a few weeks later. Carlow even drew with Galway in the 2019 league iirc. But their performance in the Division 2 final against Laois wouldnā€™t bode well for them here. Iā€™ve plumbed for a relatively respectable 14 point loss.

Antrim appear to have gone back a little bit from where they a couple of years ago. Did the Dunloy lads come back in? Theyā€™ll still be dangerous opponents for Wexford next Saturday in a game which will be shown live on GAA Go at 3pm. Kilkenny should take care of them here in a typically understated manner.

2 Likes

Pristine.

10 Likes

Penalty!

Spratt has a child in commentating with him :joy:

Dublin have a decent breeze with them in the first half. Yellow card for Mogie, no argumemts with that at all, silly tackle

And yellow for Rory, the way the ref went i thought hed get a red