Leinster Hurling Championship 2024

I reckon KK might hold out

1 Like

This is pretty much a carbon copy of that 2021 final so far.

Id fancy a few scores out there today.

I’d say we’ll have the lowest ever average attendance at the two provincial finals this year.

There’ll be a load of bollocks spouted tomorrow about Munster hurling but hurling is at a seriously low ebb.

Two five in a rows completed in the provincial championships.

Delighted not to be wasting a Saturday evening up in Croker losing to Kilkenny tbh

1 Like

Kilkenny v Galway is pretty underwhelming. But at least Galway can occasionally pull out a respectable performance.

Kilkenny v anybody bar a Wexford team on a once in a generation charge in a Leinster final is pretty underwhelming.

There is something uniquely depressing about a 6pm Saturday evening game in Croke Park which is one sided and has a poor crowd. It’s an incredibly lonely place.

It wouldn’t be as depressing if this was, say, a 2pm Sunday game. It wouldn’t be as depressing if the Hogan Stand wasn’t blocking out the sun from most of the stadium.

That shadow, the faint hum like bees of children blowing vuvuzelas, the seagulls will be along shortly. People feared exactly this spectacle and that’s why they stayed away.

2 Likes

Ah I dunno what to make of us. At times we look really good and like we’re on the right path to building something positive. Other times we look disjointed, disorganised and disinterested. It’s more the former today but mother of God Dublin aren’t at it even a little bit.

If you’re happy to leave Richie Reid alone to pick long passes he’ll destroy you. He’s not the greatest defender. Make him defend. It’s really not that complicated.

In saying that this game is borderline non-contact tippy tappy shite and absolutely no relation to knock out hurling. Dublin are best served waving at this and saving themselves for Cork.

I don’t think Dublin match up well against Cork either, Dublin will play a sweeper, Cork will have the time to move the ball around and will just run through them.

They’re not though?

It’s the worst standard Leinster championship since maybe the mid to late noughties when Kilkenny only had to beat pub teams like Offaly and Wexford every year.

It’s actually possibly the worst standard Leinster championship of all time.

That’s not a pull down

1 Like

I never believed that croke park would suit Dublin today …they will give any team a game in Parnell pk but this is embarrassing.
They are being badly exposed here.and their heads are gone

Could see Owen Wall doing serious damage from the bench today.

The frightening thing is back then Kilkenny had truly great players. Nowadays they are not good.

1 Like

If you were a very optimistic person you’d point out that Kilkenny led Dublin by 16 points in the Covid championship and Dublin got level going into injury time.

But you’d have to be very optimistic.

Brian Hayes could do with a constraint based approach

Dublin are throwing this. I don’t believe they’re this bad.

Kk with loads of unnecessary hand passes and a bad wide showing Dublin they can play them at their own game

Kilkenny are very good.

They’re not as good as the best Kilkenny team ever but by any other metric are a very good team.

Murphy, Butler, Lawlor, Blanchfield, Carey, Mullen, Cody, Donnelly are some of the very best players in the country.

They just lack a really top centre-back, I think.

1 Like