Blackrock College V Qualifier 1
Clongowes Wood College V The Kings Hospital
Terenure College V Belvedere College
Qualifier 2 V St Andrew’s College
St. Mary’s College V Castleknock College
Qualifier 4 V Winners of Gonzaga College/Kilkenny College
St. Michael’s College V Presentation College, Bray
Qualifier 3 V CBC Monkstown

Looking forward to the full colour 64 page pullout in the Irish Times for this competition. I hope to take in the Nure v Belvo game from Round 1 anyway.

You joke about it and then you remember the damn thing is televised.

Yeah I don’t really have a problem with it being televised because sport on tv is a good thing. But they should be showing AIL matches and the likes before they show this stuff. Schools rugby will be the death of the sport in Ireland. The fools think that by allowiing more schools into the competition that it broadens the player base. The reality is they need to move away from any sort of schools structure. Clubs work because they’re parochial, schools only work with a peculiar sort of person who retains a weird pride in where they were educated.

Still apparently CBC Monkstown are favourites this year, with Number 8 Noone the one to watch.

therock67 wrote:

Clubs work because they’re parochial, schools only work with a peculiar sort of person who retains a weird pride in where they were educated.

Yeah - what is with that?

I remember when I arrived in the city first one of the lads from college was going on about going to The Schools Cup final. I understandably asked why he would do such a thing.

‘My old school are in it. We are like going to totally kill the Rock this year.’

Didn’t understand it then and don’t understand it now.