Leinster Schools Rugby- Official Thread

My own school Mount Sion CBS was reputed to be a rugby school until the 1920s when the nationalist zealots thankfully drove it out.

1 Like

They did a great job in fairness there’s hardly any rugby in Waterford, is there even a Waterford AIL team?

St Andrews, Wesley, the High School and Kings Hospital are rugby schools but also hockey ones, and all have a Protestant tradition. There was more back 100 years ago. Where my school was formerly a Protestant school that was strong in the early 20th century. I’m guessing it closed because of the declining population in the WoI era.

St Columba’s would be another but is small.

The entertainment factor playing those schools would be chanting the perpetual virginity of Mary at them.

There is not, I’m happy to relate.

Heads up, Clongowes V CBC Monkstown
Live on FreeSports - Sky Channel 429 right now.

1 Like

3-0 to Clongowes in the early stages.

Big day for CBC alumni @Tim_Riggins

We’re lulling them into a false sense of security before we strike

1 Like

Lovely little dink over the top that one.

Will be interesting to see how the Blackrock team play. The mumps is an awful thing to get that really drains you.

#lovelylittleoffload

They can blame Andrew Wakefield if the.class of 2019 don’t bring home the cup

In the last of the quarter finals St Michaels leading the reigning and 69 time champions 10-0 after half an hour in the Holy Ghost derby

Fides et robur needed now .

The Mumps will have drained the Rock boys.

16-3 to the Ailesbury Road outfit.

Always nice to see Blackrock get beaten.
There wont be a head kicked tonight.

A consolation try for Rock at the end to take the bad look off the scoreboard. Michaels win 16-10.

First time St Michaels have ever beaten Blackrock in the Senior Cup.