Nevin O Donnell 2 points play and free
22 mins

5-14 to 2-10 now

Are you at the game @thedancingbaby

5-20 to 2-10

Full time

Thatā€™ll do.

I wasnā€™t mate. Aughrim will be my first appearance of the year

Good start to the year anyway.I hope we give the league a good rattle.

You and me both mate.

Iā€™m balubas lads but beat London and the sheep stealing cunts and Iā€™m happy out. Love ye all. Leitrim abu

Anyone know the story with Kevin Conlon?

I think heā€™s injured farmer,paddy Maguire and keaney are big losses too.Same shite every year we lose a few we gain a few.Christ if we had a full panel weā€™d surely give promotion a rattle.Next week will tell a bit more.The three dubs should help out no end.

Leitrim manager Brendan Guckian believes that facing Galway on Sunday will give them a better idea of where they currently are in terms of preparation for the NFL.

Guckian got his inter-county managerial career off to a flying start last weekend when they comfortably defeated GMIT in the opening round of the Connacht FBD league.

However, they face a much tougher test when they take on Galway in round two on Sunday next, but Guckian stressed to the Leitrim Observer that this is an ideal game for them.

ā€œWeā€™re looking forward to Galway because obviously you are playing a much higher standard of football, we wonā€™t get as much time on the ball,ā€ said Guckian.

ā€œOur lads are going to be put under a lot more pressure so they are going to have to think a lot quicker on their feet and obviously we are going to have to defend better because if we give the Galway forward line the space we gave GMIT at times, they are really going to punish us.ā€

Under 21 Hastings Cup Result
Leitrim 2-14
@Offaly_GAA 2-8
FULL TIME

3 Likes

Galway (SF v Leitrim): Rory Lavelle: Luke Burke, David Walsh, Johnny Duane; Paul Varley, Gareth Bradshaw, Sean Kelly; Michael Daly, Fiontan O Curraoin; Johnny Heaney, Tom Flynn, Peter Cooke; Paul Mannion, Barry McHugh, Seanie Armstrong

Donal Wrynn has been named as Leitrim captain for 2017.

The Fenagh midfielder skippered the green and golds for the first time in last Sundayā€™s facile Connacht SFL first round win over GMIT, succeeding Gary Reynolds in the role. Wayne McKeon has been appointed vice-captain.

ā€œIt is a great honour, I wasnā€™t expecting it obviously being fairly young on the team, but Benny (Guckian, manager) obviously has trust in me and Iā€™m delighted to get the opportunity,ā€ Wrynn told the Leitrim Observer.

ā€œI donā€™t intend on changing, trying to be more vocal. Trying to lead by example would be more my style to be honest and if I can do that, that would be the way.ā€

Longfordā€™s U21s at home to Leitrim in the semi finals of the Hastings Cup. Meath play Cavan in the other one.Times & venues to be confirmed

A unique occasion, a worthy and inspirational leader and a massive stroke appointing Wayne as V/C.
Two warriors dedicated to the cause and closure finally to the ā€œBeergateā€ affair.

A tremendous accolade for Donal and indeed the Fenagh club. A point not lost on the writer as the accolade rested with the Willies, but goes to show that Benny has sussed the issue, buried the few remaining hatchets, thrown the gauntlet down to all-comers and shown himself to be an all-encompassing manager.

Donal Wrynn will lead from the front. I had a brief chat with him St.Stephenā€™s night in the Abbey Bar as he sucked a bottle of water:

DW: Yerā€™ a gas man Boxty at this carry-on yet.
Boxty: Yerra Donal Iā€™m at it a long time.
DW: Dyā€™a know your oulā€™ lad was the last winning captain of a Senior team here (1932).
Boxty: I do Donal, I have the medal.
DW: Iā€™ll put one to it in my time.

Canā€™t say fairer than that.

2 Likes

Beergate was on my mind when i read that, sees like a smart move.Onwards and upwards.Young lads had a good win today as well. Are you going tomorrow?