Leitrim Football 2017

They’re so used to playing without him at this stage I’m not sure it’ll make a huge difference!

1 Like

That’s the fighting cocks for you

Hup Leitrim

1 Like

5 changes from the starting 15,fuckin hell

I only make out 23 players on the pitch for us.

Leitrim 0-4 Carlow 0-1

3 Likes

Leitrim 0-8 Carlow 0-6

Paul Broderick appears to be causing us problems @Massey

He’s their only forward.We can take these cunts,the ref is riding us BTW.Our forwards have the beating of their back we’re playing some lovely direct ball into them.Its a while since I seen us play as well,probably again laois in the quailfers a few years ago.Its a 50/50 game

1 Like

3 of the lads dropped for drinking according to the lads beside me,FFS

2 Likes

Carlow 1-9 Leitrim 0-9

Which 3 ?

Carlow 2-14 Leitrim 0-11

The second half has been a horror show.We just aren’t for enough,nobody tracking back for the goals.Not good enough.

We need to hire a decent fitness coach is what I take from that.We have some great young footballers.They need proper coaching.I was very impressed with young Flynn’s kickouts.

Went along to this today, supporting Leitrim of course. Ye were definitely the better side first half, played the smarter football and deserved the lead at the break.

Carlow levelled it up early second half and then scored a goal which really knocked the stuffing out of Leitrim and they never recovered from it.

There was a lad from each side sent off with about 15 mins to go after a fracas developed following a clothes-line tackle on Carlow midfielder Sean Murphy. Murphy ran the show for Carlow second half, electric pace and makes sensible decisions in possession, easily MOTM.

Some of the ball into the Leitrim forwards was cat in the second half, mind you the two small lads inside in the full forward like were always up against it, being out numbered and outmuscled.

Hard luck today lads, all the best next year.

2 Likes

Murphy was v good alright,one of the goals came directly from a garyowen by Leitrim into the forward line,no hope for the forwards carlow broke up the field with nobody tracking back leaving paddy Maguire exposed and boom a goal,game over.Nice sized crowd at it and dr cullen park is a lovely spot.

1 Like

Lovely compact ground alright, good pitch, easy get in and get out of.

1 Like

Well fuck me is the opening comment. I’m looking at this shit for 60+ years and it’s worse we’re getting.

I’m loathe to castigate Managers apart from slewing Mickey Moran but this Benny Guckian is a dud. I spoke to him after about 20 minutes to address the damage their 12 (Gannon) was causing with his athletic roaming runs to be nodded to but no remedial tactical address.

Yon’ guru O’Mahoney, sloped down with the odd musing but the bould Benny stood stoically watching the year implode. Now as to the culprits : ie: the players, well allow me to publicy review my opinion on a certain midfielder - an horror show by my touted future McGarty.

On a positive note, all credit to the staff at Dr.Cullen Park wheelchair-wise. I’d given our names in advance but by Christ did they out-do themselves in courtesy and accommodation issues.

Sometimes it’s the small things that mystify you.

5 Likes

Ffs farmer

The players weren’t fit boxty,that’s the least you can expect.We can say we have a small pool etc but having a fit squad of 30 is the minimum we should expect.We played some good ball in the first 20 and should have been well ahead at ht.Second half was a horror show from the he throw in.Whatever were paying O Mahoney should be put towards a good trainer like that polak galway have.