Leitrim Football 2017

Mohill always was a club with serious facilities - going back as long as I can remember.

I would be a bit wary of random Mohill players giving out about the county setup. Some of them may have axes to grind.

1 Like

Taking a year out completely I’m told Massey. Has a young family

1 Like

This particular player would have no axe to grind I’d imagine Farmer

That’s good.Leitrim will be looking for a new manager by then anyways.

Also you have to remember that there is a massive difference between club and county.

Just look at Rathnew and Vincent’s yesterday.

You’re not confident about the New York trip so Massey. They’re going to beat somebody some day I suppose

Ryan O’Rourke and Darragh Rooney. That’s where we have to pin our hopes now.

We’ve plenty of good young lads @farmerinthecity.We just need somebody to lead them in the right direction.

Agree. I would have liked to see us go for Pete McGrath had the role been vacant.

No Pete has had his day,we need some young buck looking to make a name for himself,maybe someone from the backroom staff of a bigger county or a big club.Look what Sligo done.

A leitrim man

A 12-year old’s autograph book offers insight into halcyon GAA days (via @IrishTimes) https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/a-12-year-old-s-autograph-book-offers-insight-into-halcyon-gaa-days-1.3304529

That’s a lovely little tale.My favourite quote is this one
“For a 12-year-old in Leitrim in 1962, it was like a compliment landing from the dark side of the moon.”

1 Like