Leitrim Football 2017

Will we ever get out of div 4 again

Leitrim blown away by whirlwind Galway start https://t.co/BxIpqeDLLy

Fuck sake is right. I attended (temporarily).
I’m looking at these county footballers for 60 years and bar the period between 1957-1960 and the “new dawn” era of 1990-95 nothing has changed.

OK we’re a weak county, but the mindset of the lads in the jersies is akin’ to fucking Bayern Munich.
They think they can waltz around opponents willy-nilly. Losing possession in the tackle is our downfall.

Ballinamore is a lovely ground without a doubt. I was lounging with a few heads as our troops arrived via cars/vans and some in fact semi-togged trotting.
The Galway bus arrived with sirens squawking, lads shaking fists and we shit the togs.

Kevin Walshe dismounted, roaring encouragement and I knew we were fucked - and we were - Royally.

We feared the maroon jersey and that’s a fact. The opening exchanges were exactly that - they opened our holes.

I fled at half time to the safe enviors of Prior’s where there were more there than in the park by throw-in time for the 2nd half…

All that rant out of the way, we’ll take the points out of Wexford Park and move onwards.

4 Likes

So Conlon and Maguire are definitely gone for the year?

Fuck sake our second best forward by a mile and easily our best back.

1 Like

Yes, solve that and everything else will take care of itself.

Its unbelievable,year in year out, its fuckin infuriating.Pass the fucking thing.

Kick it

And then run after it

Hastings Cup semi final.

Half time…Longford 1-7 Leitrim 0-6

Full Time Longford: 2-12(18)
Leitrim: 3-8(17)
Longford with the last 3 points to sneak it

My source at the game tells me it was a 2 point win for longford massey ??

I got that from the longford twitter page lad.

We lost anyway mate. Fuck it.

Dya see GMIT gave Galway a walkover. Our FBD dreams are over.

Fuck Tourlestrane on Sunday. Roll on Aughrim

I suppose no point in letting galway hammer ye by 60+points,doubt theyll be in it next year unless colleges get first dibs on players. U21 have a tough draw in connacht this year.

For the second week in a row, we concede a goal in the first minute.

Sligo 1-1 Leitrim 0-0

Connacht FBD Insurance League
Leitrim 0-1
@sligogaa 1-2
(5 mins)
Conor Gallagher play

Sligo 1-7 Leitrim 0-2

This is bad

Connacht FBD Insurance League
Leitrim 0-6
@sligogaa 2-12
Nevin O Donnell free