Leitrim Football 2018

I hear he’s taken over from Benny.

Colin Regan with a spiel in the Observer this week about the success of Carlos blah blah blah.

No mention at all of the serious resources put into the team through IT Carlow.

1 Like

Some lovely photos in the Observer all the same mate :wink:

1 Like

Indeed mate. How did Fenagh get Ciaran Kilkenny to present their underage medals? @anon67715551

:moneybag:

There’s been Kilkenny’s in Fenagh parish for generations Farmer - I was even in national school with a litter of them.
They’d be cousins of Ciaran’s father who’s mother is in fact a daughter of the late Sean Purcell.
You can’t beat breeding in man beast or dog as the seanfhocail says.

1 Like

Nice few Kilkenny’s around the north Leitrim glens too.

They’d be refugees from Dowra and Blacklion most likely.

1 Like

Leitrim GAA

Verified account

@LeitrimGAA
Following Following @LeitrimGAA
More
Two points for lancashire to level at 3 apiece 18 min gone

4:20 AM - 25 Mar 2018

Informative rating.

Well a 2-15 to 0-10 win vs Wicklow completes our league campaign.

A pity that the London and Waterford games were not played as I feel we would be heading stateside with serious momentum after 4 wins on the bounce.

Six weeks now to the championship. Hopefully preparation will be injury free and all goes well.

I know there is some pessimism on here but I firmly believe we will beat New York.

Liatroim Abú

Dream on

Fuck off Cunniffe you cunt

Leitrim’s respective senior football and hurling managers Brendan Guckian and Martin Cunniffe have clashed over the availability of Colm Moreton yesterday.

The dual player lined out for the footballers against Wicklow in their Allianz League Division 4 game rather than play for the hurlers in their Allianz League Division 3B final against Lanchashire, which they lost after extra-time.

An unimpressed Cunniffe told the Leitrim Observer: "James Glancy was a big loss and Colm Moreton was another big loss and it was the Leitrim (football) team management that should hold their heads in shame at what they have done.

"In fairness to the Leitrim County Board and to the Leitrim Executive, they fully backed us and we could have taken him there last Friday night. I looked for a special meeting and in fairness to the Executive, they fully backed us and we could have gone and taken Colm Moreton.

“But in fairness to Colm Moreton, we weren’t going to do it, he was picked on the Leitrim (football) team and we wish him the best of luck.”

Speaking to the same newspaper, Brendan Guckian refuted suggestions that Moreton was forced to choose football over hurling.

“I spoke with Colm last week and I said whatever decision he made, I’d stand by him. He decided to come and play with the football which obviously I’m happy with,” Guckian said.

“I think it was very unfair on the unnecessary pressure that was put on him. I think if a young lad makes a decision, his decision should be respected and I would obviously stand by his decision.”

There’s one for the ages - spot the benefactor for us @Massey.

Far right.

1 Like

Winner rating. A thoroughly alright sort.

1 Like

There is one wanker in that picture but I won’t say who.

Well it’s not Noel McTeague anyway.
The other SoH man is 100%.

Hardly the Mohill man…:thinking:

TM?

No way - he’s a legend.

1 Like