Leitrim Football 2019

These Limerick fuckers arenā€™t adhering to the script in Kilmallock.
We trail 0-07 to 0-05 at leath ama. It has all the hallmarks of a dour struggle.

Get in there.

1 Like

Amen to that. Thatā€™s the 3rd.game on the trot weā€™ve gone to the well in injury time.
All fine and dandy when it works but that rub of the green wonā€™t last forever. Better to knock it out of their heads early and stop filling Sligo General with coronary cases.

Leitrim and Cork next year bro.

Would this be considered a decent Leitrim crop? Full pick of players?

It was nearly all Leitrim support at the match.

There was a group stood behind me and at half time one of them announces heā€™s going to the shop.

ā€œWill you get me a tea?ā€ one of his friends roars as he walks off.

ā€œGo away and shiteā€ was the answer.

At that moment the fabric of GAA and rural Ireland never felt closer. Some party when they get promoted and good luck to them.

2 Likes

Dod you meet DancingBaby?

Fairly sure I spotted him in Houlihanā€™s pre match watching the racing, muttering on about ā€œGordonā€ to his pals. Heā€™s taller than Iā€™d have thought.

That sounds like him alright

Yes.

We have still lost players from last year but we have a good bunch of players for the first time in a while.

2 Likes

Congrats to Leitrim .

A great achievement from Hyland in his year.

Absolutely, top men.

Leitrim-Galway Connacht final so.

Hon Leitrim :clap::clap::clap:

Well done Leitrim

The win assures promotion but this was our worst performance of the league to date.
The father of one of our more prominent players confided to me that " the pressure, despite Hylandā€™s experience was massive ". It was visible on the field we foostered and spilled passes and hit Hail Maryā€™s everywhere.
The goal settled things (a scuttery scramble tbf) and we upped the intensity without pulling away. H/T 1-04 to 0-04. Hyland in fairness to him isnā€™t slow on the line and he whipped young Dolan at the break. This concerns me slightly as the lad is a terrific talent, big but young and heā€™s been off the pace of late.
The contest ground to itā€™s pretty inevitable conclusion, cheered by the introduction of Mulligan at the death. I bit my tongue and enjoyed the cameraderie.

Mar focail scoir, I was walking in with 2 grandsons when I got a jab of an umbrella in the arse. An Annaduff warrior called Timmy. We had a super oulā€™ slobber about bygone days and days ahead. Afterwards the kids asked about him and I proffered an answer.

I withheld the fact that heā€™d mugged me off in the 1969 Annaduff/Fenagh championship. I was marking him with 5 to go and the teams level when I allowed the ball go over the sideline off me. Timmy the cute fucker picked it up and blazed away to create the winning goal. The fucking linesman was lighting a fag with his back turned when the ball went out.

But itā€™s on occasions like this itā€™s actually all been worthwhile.

17 Likes

well done boys
@anon67715551 thatā€™s a fine post sir

And hereā€™s the bould Jimmy with some salutary adviceā€¦Longford my arseā€¦

https://youtu.be/7LMGl7PEWsQ

Will ye be buying bricks in the Leitrim Wall @farmerinthecity @anon67715551 ?