Leitrim Football 2019

This story has been out for months now Fagan. We don’t need no education on its existence.

It made to the mainstream media this morning bucko.

:roll_eyes:

Not for me Fagan. This is mainly aimed at wealthy emigrants and affluent folk employed in and adjacent to Dublin. They can then visit during the summer and inspect the wall and find their name and congratulate themselves on keeping the flame lit in the old sod.

Meanwhile, the die-hards will be lining the pitch, selling the weekly lotto and trudging to outposts like Ballinagleara and Kinlough to exhort the real troops.

A vanity, if economically successful, project.

2 Likes

I participated in a fundraiser last year for my Club.

Fucking hardcore me.

1 Like

You heading in as distinct from up on Saturday? We’re bringing 60 odd juveniles. Great for youngsters to see one of their own playing at HQ. We’ll give a decent account of ourselves whatever about the end result.
Great for small rural clubs like ourselves, the Neddies, Gortletteragh and the rest of them having lads involved.

1 Like

I am heading in. Looking forward to beforehand with throngs of Leitrim people around.

It’s great. Some start for Hyland but a good bunch of players there no more so than your clubman.

Feel sorry for Donal Wrynn I must say.

I see Cathal McCrann is back in goal. That’s a tremendous addition.

Come back @Massey and @thedancingbaby

I’m gutted mate, only for the GAA we could have had a few pints talking shite between games. A missed opportunity.

True that but you know what they say about meeting your heroes

I’d say nothing could disappoint a man like you at this stage.

Team for Saturday announced:

1 Cathal McCrann Gortleitreach
2 Aidan Flynn Gaeil Liatroma
3 Micheal McWeeney (Captain) Naomh Muire Cill Tochairt
4 Paddy Maguire Naomh Bríd - Baile Átha Cliath
5 Sean McWeeney Achadh na SĂ­leann
6 Shane Quinn Maothail
7 Raymond Mulvey Naomh Muire Cill Tochairt
8 Mark Plunkett Achadh an Mhuilinn
9 Shane Moran SeĂĄn Ó hEislin, BĂ©al an Átha MĂłir
10 Dean McGovern SeĂĄn Ó hEislin, BĂ©al an Átha MĂłir
11 Emlyn Mulligan Gaeil na Meilge
12 Domhnaill Flynn Maothail
13 Darragh Rooney Gaeil na Meilge
14 Evan Sweeney Gleann an Chairthe/CluainĂ­n
15 Ryan O Rourke Naomh Caillin, FĂ­onach

16 Diarmuid McKiernan Gaeil na hAilne
17 Conor Reynolds Eanach Dubh
18 Gary Plunkett Achadh an Mhuilinn
19 Conor Cullen Achadh na SĂ­leann
20 OisĂ­n Madden Maothail
21 Pearce Dolan Achadh an Mhuilinn
22 Cillian McGloin Gaeil na Meilge
23 Damian Moran Barr na CĂșile
24 Jack Heslin Gortleitreach
25 Niall Brady Gleann an Chairthe/CluainĂ­n
26 Gary Reynolds Carraig Álainn

So Terry has decided to roll the dice. I have a mild suspicion that there “may” be a change or two before the off. It’s a tough call on McKiernan in goals for a start as he’s been good thus far and deserves to start imo. The Melvin Gaels duo of Mulligan and Rooney can also consider themselves fortunate to be handed starts and I’d have preferred Dolan and Plunkett from the Willies instead.
Mark Plunkett at m/f in another strange one but I kinda see where he’s going with that one.

It’ll be all a matter Saturday anyway. H’on Leitrim.

I think that team will bear little relation to the one that will start.

I’m home safe and well but once again without a trophy. Hard to fault the lads but Derry were a superior force on the day. McGuigan was un-containable despite Paddy Maguire’s best efforts and @Nembo_Kid’s man Christopher McKaigue is a super footballer. It’s the likes of McKaigue with his skills and talents that can lift mediocre teams to heights above themselves.
We weren’t disgraced nor did we throw in the towel apart from a gobshite adjacent to me who (liquor induced) kept roaring about the DUP and Ms.Foster. I purposefully avoided him.

We re on an upward curve but are as yet lacking crucial men in positions. An earlier post of mine referred to the siting of Mark Plunkett at midfield, a correct call on the day as he was excellent, but the repositioning of Shane Quinn at 6 backfired. We realistically need a formidable figure there, one with pace and power. The Mulligan experiment is fucked, he’s toast. Pearse Dolan, who should have started, added nothing but while he’s 21 or so, his confidence is shook. He’s for the Summer.

We need to incorporate the following into the 15, Jack Heslin, Gary and Noel Plunkett, Fergal McTague and possibly re-energise our clubman Donal Wrynn. I know it’s harsh, but some of yesterdays men are exactly that - yesterdays men.

A fuckin’ mighty day, Croke Park facilities equal any stadium in the developed world, to the taxpayers of Ireland a big bĂșladh bos from the Boxtys
.:pint::pint:

5 Likes

A grand day was had on Saturday. But alas Derry were too strong for us albeit we kicked some bad wides in the first half, in a half where I thought we were well on top.

Got the carvery in in the Premium and stomached the woeful pints from a chute. Met a lot of people from home which was great and a lot of shite talk spoken.

I could get used of this Croke Park lark.

Team to face the Taliban selected:

1 Cathal McCrann Gortletteragh

2 Micheal McWeeney © St Mary’s Kiltoghert

3 Fergal McTague Aughawillan

4 Conor Reynolds Annaduff

5 Raymond Mulvey St Mary’s Kiltoghert

6 Paddy Maguire Glencar/Manorhamilton

7 Sean McWeeney Aughnasheelin

8 Mark Plunkett Aughawillan

9 Shane Moran Ballinamore Sean O’Heslin’s

10 Domhnaill Flynn Mohill

11 Pearce Dolan Aughawillan

12 Shane Quinn Mohill

13 Evan Sweeney Glencar/Manorhamilton

14 Ryan O’Rourke Fenagh St Caillin’s

15 Jack Heslin Gortletteragh

Could be a change or 2 before the off. It’s fair enough in my book but I’d have kept Shane Quinn at wing-back (exc. Sean McWeeney) and gone with Gary Plunkett at wing-forward.
We have plenty of ability and presence around the middle and scoring inside men - can we contain the scoring threat these bastards bring?
I’m glad to see McTague at 3, he’s big and tough, eager and bould all combined with a cunning that’s native to the Willies - expect the opposing physio to see plenty pitch time.

Fuck the Rossies - H’on Leitrim.

1 Like

Quinn will hardly start at 12.

Hopefully we do something.

Would it be a wise investment to back ye to beat the handicap (+7) against the sheep stealers @anon67715551 @farmerinthecity

Dubious I’m afraid. They’ve had 10+ to spare over us in the last few meetings. In an astonishing turnaround we’ve now got forwards but are handing out 2 debuts in the last line of defence which doesn’t inspire confidence.
A matter for yourself but it’s a no from me. You could turn it the other way and back them -7 at the same odds surely

2 Likes

Sure I could @anon67715551 but it would pain me to back those fancy Dan, sheep stealing, hateful pack of cunts.

2 Likes