Leitrim GAA 2023

This baffles me completely,he’s no more a full back than I am.What has McTague to do to get a run.Diffley is constantly behind his man,you’d never see him in front,a good player but not a number 3.

The yooouf in Leitrim seems to have savage interest playing ball until they get to 17/18 when it gets hard and you’ve to knuckle down or give up.

I’m intrigued

:thinking:

Her father (a parishioner of ours) drove around for 40 odd years in an ESB van without breaking sweat.
Herself is some kind of “IT consultant” who seems to be in constant need of economic bail-outs :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

My bring back Coach Hyland t-shirt is in the post as we speak

I can see where you’re coming from - he’d certainly stiffen up the defence and reduce concessions.

Against that he’s not exactly* a hugely popular figure within the playing squad, his treatment of some players in his previous tenure still rankles. Whatever about our abilities to rattle up a winning score, we never, ever, forget an act of treachery and Senör Terry’s past isn’t forgotten either.

All that said we’ll be compiling a list of parties we’d like to get into talks with, the usual rhetoric….
Naturally we won’t be suggesting the ill-fated Ray Dempsey or Junior B types - the names at the top will be McGuinness and whatever other high profiler tumbles at the Canal turn.

• denotes wickedly disliked here :wink:

I always thought that the likes of Longford should be our benchmark - before this year.

Held Division 3 status for a number of years, a few wins in Leinster and some big scalps in the qualifiers.

That seems like a world away for us now.

I’m completely at a loss to understand 2 things:

Why, after playing reasonably well for a period do we seemingly switch off. Happens every day, a 5/10 minute spell where we’re all looking at each other and we’re getting opened up.

Secondly, after 2 years of this highly rated coach, Solan, are we no better. Get to the 60th minute with anyone as good as us and we seem to gas. The only outlier here was the last league match V Sligo when we got our 2nd wind, clawed back the deficit, went ahead only to lose all impetus in the last 5.

Our level currently is the lower echelons of D4 with the capacity to take a scalp here and there.

Glancy?? Part of the management last year and was the same story. Then he abandoned ship and went to longford. That didnt go too well either. Theyre putrid. So no thanks.

No need to panic, Andy has the customary rousing message with the occasional gripe at un-controllables like opposing goalie, referee, bad luck, injuries and whatever. But we battled to the end yadda yadda….
I wonder will Cathaoirleach Stenson have the pink slip in the anorak pocket Saturday evening……

we were confident coming up but Antrim played well and produced maybe two forwards that we knew about but hadn’t seen much of - McEnhill in the corner, young Loughran at centre-forward, they’ve only played bits and pieces and all of a sudden, they produce two forwards like that and it makes it difficult for us

Produced from where? their backsides?
We hammered them last year even if it was on our pitch, call a spade a spade we aren’t good enough to get out of the group despite avoiding favorites like cavan Meath and Offaly. Expect his resignation once this sorry season is over for us, we are better off investing in the minor and U20 setup for a few years

Coach Moran has a new kitchen and a couple of gym’s to pay for,he won’t be going too far unless the new sponsor decides to look elsewhere.

1 Like

After the initial burst in 2019 you’d have to say the Clarkes, the absolutely finest of people and steeped in their commitment and support of the team, have gotten a poor return on their philanthropy.
We have a window of 3 years when these current bunch of lads are at their peak so we’d need to be targeting 2025 as the year to make a strong statement. Realistically, outside of Paul Honeyman of SoH there are few prospects out there. A serious S&C programme will need to be implemented.

The minors winning by 4 at half time, lose by 11. That’s fairly sobering

I feel for atmosphere they should have the Fermanagh game in a field in Kiltyclogher

Pathetic shite to be fair.

Losing by 8 at half time.

Christ

Only 3 in it now, good to see a bit of fight from them

1 Like