Leitrim GAA 2023

He called for supporters to be patient? :smile:

Does he realise who he is managing? We have been patient for over 100 years!

1 Like

How long is Moran charge now?

Too fkng long is the short answer but coming to the end of his 2nd year of an initial 3 yr stint.
He could remain in perpetuity if vague promises and aspirational statements were the criteria.

Weā€™re naive enough folk though imbued with eternal optimism but only so much we can stomach.

The dogs on the street now are beginning to growl at the sound of his nameā€¦ā€¦

Are players grumbling?

I doubt there is one person who follows football in the county who would think the current crop of players would reach div 2. Maybe under a blue moon they might sneak in depending on meltdowns from other teams in div 3 but I really canā€™t see it.

They definitely would make div 3 and if they managed to stay there a few years without relegation that would be a huge and creditable achievement. If they were a div 2 standard team theyā€™d be competing for Connacht and as we know this is a pipe dream and/or absurd.

Parnell Park for the last match.

Why would they be grumbling - hadnā€™t they the bones of a week in the heady environs of NYC, away trips to exotic venues like Aughrim and Wexford Park and plenty of tracksuits, runners, boots and all kind of wet gear thatā€™s ideal for fishing in.
The few that I know are as mystified as I am about the selection and naming of teams process, the utilisation of forwards in another existence as backs, the failings in the goalkeeping conundrum and niggly things like that.
They seem to all like Moran and thereā€™s the issue or part of for me. Moran isnā€™t their mate or friendly uncle, I think itā€™s a camp of us all on the bus together whereas itā€™s a Ferguson character we need.

Any word on under 20 manager for next year?? We need to tie benny down asap lest another county come calling. His record is unmatched.

Grrrrā€¦ā€¦ Heā€™ll make himself available at the drop of a cap should a vacancy occurā€¦.

Wonder if the cap was raffled off would it raise funds for the future investment of the moran five year plan?

Weā€™ll have played more championship matches in Dublinā€™s home ground than they have themselves in the past 20 years after the Wexford game!

Shur thats a ridiculous observation, Dublinā€™s home ground is Croke Park. Its foolish to mention anywhere else. They play their home league and championship games there.

It is nearly as ridiculous as Dublin fans who say Parnell Park is their home ground.

But anyway the green and gold army must descend on Donnycarney with huge victory in their minds in order for us to reach the promised land of a preliminary quarter final in a second tier competition.

Can Coach Moran and the wonderful county board :tm: get us to this promised land.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a savage C&W weekend in Drumcoura City - loads of big names.
Lads thinking holes rather than goals will mitigate against a big attendance. Itā€™s done anyhow.

Thereā€™s a path (I know you donā€™t believe me) to progression here. We need to beat Wexford somehow and hope that Tipperary (currently -29) somehow scramble over Waterfordā€¦.

Christ but weā€™ll have a fortnight to soak this up and hear stirring calls to arms.

Ollie Honeyman and John Mac are likely to face call-ups to bolster the defenceā€¦ā€¦

'Tis the place to go for the weekend if youā€™re on the lookout for a quare one alright, whether or not you have any interest in C&W.
If your permutations are correct boxty, then any win will get us into the quarter as 3rd best 3rd place team? We are bad right now but Waterford are surely worse.
The team of 94 must surely be embarrassed at how low we have sank

Mystified he is.

2 Likes

If heā€™s mystified then it is time he is politely shown the door

Drumcoura or Donneycarney, a tough choice at the best of times

Who exactly is in charge of these minors now in terms of developing them into U20s and hopefully seniors or is it being left to the clubā€™s because this is where the gap widens between us and the other counties.We arenā€™t developing them,itā€™s like having a good buch of young bullocks and just leaving them out atin grass and expecting a big price for them when we take them to the factory.