Leitrim Gaa 2024

Gave away a shocking goal on 45 minutes,I can only think McHugh thought the Wicklow man was one of his own as the sun was blinding him.Faded out with 20 minutes to go again.4 PTS in the second half.Not great.

A pretty poor showing all be told.

Terrible second half to be sure,Ryan to far from goals Plunkett was anonymous just a very poor showing all over.Midfield was nowhere.Only for Barry scoring 1-03.We desperately need Jack Heslin Casey and Bruen back for the league next year.To be fair to Wicklow they’ve been operating at a higher level this year and it showed.

1 Like

Good news from the underage.Very competitive again this year by the looks of it which is good news going forward

2 Likes

Seems like a fine chap.

I think overall we have improved but that would not take much going by last year, we were at rock bottom to be frank.
Staying up in Div3 followed by a quarter final placing next year would be a realistic and credible goal for next year. of course, it depends on who we can get to commit- as there is a very slim chance of a final in Croke Park next year, it may be the year some lads decide not to commit/ step away altogether and cripple us even worse than we already are.

That’s going to be a huge ask.

It will all depend on what the squad is like next year.If we have Bruen Casey Heslin Beirne and J Reynolds back will might be ok.Id doubt big Donal will be around next year,he’s given massive service to Leitrim but i feel he’s finished.A decent draw with 4 home matches will also help greatly.

2 Likes

interesting alright to see who will take over and whether any of Moran’s team will stay on with his successor. I would have liked to see him take a shot at keeping us up in Div3 and as mentioned above it all depends on who commits for the year, getting promoted without Beirne was great achievement but need him and as many more that can commit back, Div3 will be a big step up, moral victories will not be worth a damn if we do not win at least 2 games and stay up.

The big show is back

Not looking good regarding Mickey Graham, surely if he was taking over they’d have already announced. Supposedly we’re losing a few lads to travel next year and who could blame them but it will be a hammer blow to get promotion and go straight back down without a fight.Hopefully it’s all hearsay.

There is healthy competition for him, likes of Longford and Derry have better young lads coming through and could afford to make it more lucrative for him. Open to correction but we do not have the in house coaches available to take over, so we are forced to ride the managerial carousel with the rest and take the best seat offered. Ideally they would look after the U20s as well as they are our best hope of any sort of success.
For the weekends games i would go with GM, SOH, AW, Mohill and Marys but there could be shocks in the first and third ones. Intermediate a lot harder to call, all bar probably Drumreilly and Marys 2nds would feel they have a chance at the title

Gort gave us plenty of problems the last time we played, opened us us big time at the back.If we have big Barry back from the states I’d be confident enough.First round is hard enough to predict.Id like to see Boxty’s crowd do well

I presume Keith Beirne isn’t back for Mohill and even if he is I would say he’s not the same player,

It looks like Carrick all the way but would also love to see Fenagh do it.

1 Like

Big day for the ladies tomorrow
https://twitter.com/LeitrimLive/status/1819748956999762351?t=Du6sPM1J4dqRFHeWi0TKRw&s=19

Playing intermediate level is a pretty good for Leitrim.

1 Like