Leitrim Gaa 2024

Tyrone

1 Like

Things I learned today. Up against his home county,

1 Like

Micky Graham it is so

1 Like

I’m happy with that.

Yeah sure a continuation of the previous team.He knows the players and having coached with SOH will have good knowledge of what’s out there player wise.Id like to see the senior management stay over the 20s as well.No harm with the small pool we have that they all train together.

1 Like

He’s managed at a decent level too.

Took Mullinalaghta to a Leinster club, won an Ulster with Cavan (albeit in 2020). Not sure of his league record - did he get them promoted from Division 4 to Division 2?

He’s got a great CV to be fair to him.Our underage is getting better to be fair but we should be investigating heavily there imo.Id love to see Gallagher paying for a few full time coaches to go around the schools and clubs.We are a small county with a small playing population and should use that to our advantage.But as Boxty said last night planning permission and Sika is killing the rural clubs.Pretty soon we’ll be down to 10 clubs with Carrick SOH Mohill and Manor possibly being the big 4 permanently. Ironically that might actually improve the county team by having all the best players concentrated in a few clubs but would kill off the very rural teams like Aughawillian.

1 Like

It would take a lot to kill those fuckers off. I mean that in a nice way.

1 Like

They do very well for a rural team with small resources. Same as Fenagh and Gortlettragh, even if they are quite big parishes. Cutting the numbers to 8 in senior and intermediate is tough but a necessary step, whether it will shorten the gap between the leaders and the rest of the pack remains to be seen.

8 senior teams is plenty for us.8 intermediate too.Not sure what to do junior wise with the big teams having a few seconds string teams.

Honestly I would have kept it to 8 like it is. There are always some turkey shoots in that championship so increasing the numbers to 10 made no sense to me. Feels more like it is accommodating the smaller clubs like Eslin who run a big risk of going down to junior B after being intermediate no so long ago

Listen your level is your level wether that be Senior Intermediate or Junior.No point codding yourself.

1 Like

Recent league results have shown that Eslin are in a really bad way,

What are they’re numbers like at underage.Do they amalgamate with someone?

Amalgamate with Mohill under St Manachans.

That team is mainly made up of Mohill based players.

We had a peak of births who would now be the 30 to 40 mark, Fuck all coming behind that.

1 Like

I suppose we can thank Sika Spruce and the planning laws for that.

They haven’t helped anyway.

The weekends’ junior results speak for themselves. Bad beating for Eslin from Cloone who will likely get a bad beating from Bornacoola in return. missing a few key players apparently. Bors should go back up to intermediate with little difficulty, though it looks like Manor and Annaduff reserves might give them some.
Glenfarne not beating Annaduff’s reserves tells me they missed their chance to go up last year

1 Like

Nice to see the young lads doing well.

1 Like