Leitrim Matters, the home of sitka spruce

Speaking to The Irish Times, Mr Conlon said that a small number of investors had initially backed Merit in a €900,000 fundraise, many of whom were from Ireland. He estimated that early backers have made “between 10 and 15 times” the amount they had originally invested in the company.

You didn’t get on at the ground floor Boxty?

I worked with his father back in the 60’s.
It was enough interaction to have with them.

2 Likes

Is Liam the footballer another brother?

Indeed except we’d know him as Willie. Had the odd good burst, possibly got possession 3 times the Connacht final day in 94 and would be rated 46/100. He was no Mickey Quinn anyhow and you can take that to the :bank:.

1 Like

That prick is a guard yes?

Yes.

1 Like

Scored an early point agin Dublin iirc

They sound like an awful shower of cunts.

Well there’s Tommy at the Indo, Guard Willie and tech entrepreneur Connie for starters.

1 Like

In this weeks Leitrim Observer

I find that quiet depressing to be honest. No connacht title in the last quarter of a century and not looking like theres one on the way either

1 Like

Try being in Leinster.

Still milking 94

:roll_eyes:

I know ffs.

25 years is a significant milestone that should be marked.

In Fairness it happens in every county/club where there hasnt been a cup win in years…

@anon67715551 is surely in the crowd here somewhere

Super little clip. Jimmy Joe McKiernan has a unique headstone himself. It encapsulates himself playing the fiddle and was “controversial” at the time but we’ve moved on thankfully. Ballinamore have managed to harness themselves to the canal traffic and while not bustling is ticking along nicely.
On a sadder note the town is in mourning with the sudden death abroad of Spike ôg McCormack. He’d be mid-30’s. A fund raiser to repatriate his remains raised 42k in 24 hrs. RIP.

3 Likes

Drove through carrick there earlier lads. It’s a fucking mess. Massive queues. Not helped by the fact I’d to stop midtown for paddy power tp throw my holiday money on acs recommendations. Sort it out @anon67715551.

What happened to him Boxty? Is he far away?