Leitrim Matters, the home of sitka spruce

Heart attack in the Canaries is the word I got. A sad business. On the SoH teams in sporadic bursts back the years before getting into that Powerlifting shite and winning a national title a few years ago. Put savage strain on the ticker I’d reckon.

His father Tommy (Spike Snr.) would have been an SoH stalwart for almost 20 years.

1 Like

From a quick google there I saw Croatia mentioned.

The fact that 42k(!) was raised goes to show just how well he was got.

RIP

That’s what I thought when power lifter was mentioned.Very sad.

Heard earlier that he was on his honeymoon. Shocking stuff. I went on my own honeymoon to Croatia around this time of the year.

The pints there must have been fair shite - you never posted your customary Thursday effort. You got back intact in any event.

1 Like

Mohill Show have announced a great new prize for this year’s event later in August.

Best Dressed Bale

2 Likes

6 Likes

:clap::clap:

Don’t be trying to edge in on our scarecrow festival

You’re lucky you didn’t come down to the pitch opening yesterday, a fuckin wash out.

Rotten day all right. Dreadful luck all the same August weekend and all. The pig-roasting at the Abbey Bar morphed into ham sandwiches and packets of smokey bacon Tayto.

1 Like

A ham sandwich festival would go far in rural Ireland

1 Like

The music in main st was fucked too they had to quit for fear of electrocution.There was a great video to be had for the roaster thread of Paul Kelly playing wagon wheel with a couple of young dopes off their heads on something line dancing in the monsoon rain but I wasn’t getting soaked for that. I had a nice few sups though.

[quote="Massey, post:313,
I had a nice few sups though.
[/quote]

Well how bad were you then, a great day for a gallon or two. On top of that the natives were happy to see you. They were probably lying but it boosts your portering capabilities.

2 Likes

Asking for autographs an all they were.

1 Like

Mohill festival washed out last night.

As if the top knot is not bad enough, his ears look like something he found. I know he got a job done on them before but did he get them swooped for a set that don’t match.

Michelle O’Neill will give the oration at the John Joe McGirl annual commemoration in Ballinamore’s tomorrow evening. This auspicious event has seen all of the Sinn Féin luminaries give the address down the years yet somehow I can’t envisage Michelle appealing to the locals in quite the fashion Gerry or the late Martin did. Mercifully though, they haven’t stooped to inviting Liadh Ni Ríada just yet.

1 Like

Michelle is from good Republican stock.

I don’t doubt that but she lacks the whiff of sulphur that previous speakers brought. Years ago a normally sensible rustic grabbed me and whispered " that bulge in Gerry’s pocket is a revolver I’ll bet you " There was no point in engaging in sensibilities with him, I merely nodded in agreement with him. That how it rolls sometimes.

1 Like