Leitrim Matters, the home of sitka spruce

They are but on a well reduced scale. McCartin’s are the main drivers there. Seamus O’Rourke of whatever he’s famous for was a fabricator there around those years. McCartins are decent people in fairness.

McCartain’s thems the boys alright

1 Like

What’s going on here @anon67715551

Kenny’s admirable stance on the immigrants that came to Ballinamore a few years back seemed to rile up a right nasty shower of cunts. His car was burnt out. I imagine this may be related.

2 Likes

Just saw this.

Joe McCartin was a MEP - correct?

I remember that alright

You’re on the ball there. He’s pro and half the town, led by that daft cunt Dessie Wisely of Russian embassy infamy, Gordon Hughes and another half-dozen craw-thumping fuckers are against.
This is a serious act nonetheless, be interesting to see if Kenny’s base support, the old McGirl faction, bring a few lads for midnight tours of Derrada.
Kenny is well liked and that doesn’t ride well with the townies…

1 Like

Martin’s wife is a Mohill woman isn’t she?

1 Like

He was, for about 25 years. A solid vote-getter on the European stage. Struggled to make the Dáil, once for sure but I think that was that.
Internal FG issues with the party elders in B’more (Reynolds faction).
Joe was an alright sort, decent to a fault.

1 Like

Must have been some craic in Ballinamore during the Troubles. John Joe on one side and (Pat Joe?) Reynolds on the other side.

I assume this Hughes buck and co are just wannabe hard chaws

Aaargh there was and there wasn’t. McGahern captures it nicely in the book with the tricolour flying above McGirls and himself chatting and laughing with all comers and Pat Joe staring down the street at him……

They were both inherently decent folk, reasonable friends who co-existed despite both having different agendas. Boxty Mór and McGirl were lifelong friends while my mothers allegiances were on the other side.

McGirl, whatever was said about him, was a very charitable man in a very silent fashion, plenty hoors in Aughnasheelin would have starved only for him

3 Likes

You’d be fair stuck for a hard-chaw when you’d spot Hughes. They consider themselves the mini chamber of commerce types so unlikely to fit into your vision. Undertaker, auctioneer, ecclesiastical supplier, restauranter - these wimps are not the battling type although I see on FB where the ecclesiastical supplier has denied being involved. He’s up to 20 guffaws…Cunts.

1 Like

I heard that about McGirl. I knew folk who lived near him on the Main Street and he, and his son, couldn’t have done enough for them.

Speak of an Ass

A woeful, opinionated bollocks. I’d love if the Russians billed the cunt about €30k for the gate and sent a few lads to seek proposals for payment….
Dessie would be roaring for the brown cords fair lively.

1 Like

That’s the Old Rectory house in Fenagh, widely used for assorted occasions, weddings, murder/mystery type shit.
They seem to have recently added crashing through gates to the list of adventures. :flushed:

3 Likes

Breffni is flying with the podcasts,is Final Whistle all his?

Can’t help you there lad. Briefne is a top man, you’d only be delighted to see him going well.

1 Like