Leitrim Matters, the home of sitka spruce

He’s a lovely fella,I met him in Bekan at the London game last spring.Great to see him doing so well.

1 Like

This is an odd tale. An electrician who’s done a mountain of work for me over the years installed electronic gates for the deputy and payment wasn’t forthcoming (allegedly). Drives jeep through the gates and makes shit of an outbuilding - fails to get the jeep to move and Gardai arrive. Headbuts Garda 1 to the face and has a WWF moment with Garda 2 in the flowerbeds. Result - arrested.
I owed this lad about €800 one time for about a year but it was back in the halcyon days of the Tiger and while I asked him about it several times, he waved it off as funds were plentiful before we got straightened out.
The Sergeant in the town was allegedly giving this lads estranged wife a dart which lead our hero to dump a trailer load of rubble at the door of the barracks……He’s out and about anyway I hear……Gas cunts as they say.

2 Likes

He sounds like tremendous fun

1 Like

This bit went viral if I’m not mistaken?

Correct

You’d want to be having a few pints with him and get him started on his time in the FCA. He’s a funny as fuck but there’s a wire after coming loose upstairs.

1 Like

H’on the lovely Edwina - a well deserved accolade for her tireless efforts.

3 Likes

We’re likely to be leaders in the field of athletics in the future……

2 Likes

She’s a busy woman.

1 Like

Boundless levels of energy. The very essence of an alright sort.
It’s the only accolade CoS will see over the weekend :wink:

1 Like

That’s a tremendous story. Deception, riding, vandalism and violence. No wonder Mcgaheren was able to harvest such rich material from the place.

1 Like

McGahern confined himself too much you’d imagine. Had he been more convivial and outgoing he’d have run into the kind of sorts that brighten up my day on a continuous basis. Instead he was perceived as a “dangerous cunt with the pen” and folk tended to steer clear of him.
Many feared a veiled appearance in a future novel and accusations of molestations of goats and sheep being levelled at them. :wink:

It’s true we’ve been blessed with some outstanding characters over the years but as the song says ‘year after year the numbers get fewer - some day no one will march here at all’. Terrific oul’ sorts every one of them…

3 Likes

I suppose you could argue if McGahern had been more convivial he may not of been as good a writer. A lot of talented people are contrary fuckers.

It’s sort of sad but perfectly understandable that he was not very popular in his home place.

Some ball of cash raised out in the farmyard last month

1 Like

That’s unreal money raised. A great community effort. Fair play all round.

1 Like

Hans Christian Andersons trip to Charles Dickens is a good example of a writer being a dick

They put some work into it to be fair.

1 Like

On my way to Fenagh to buy timber off a mad dutch man

I’m assuming it’s Eltjo van der Laan you’re dealing with. If it is I can confirm that he’s an alright sort. He’s not cheap or given to haggling but a regular guy. We’ve had transactions in the past and I’ve found him 100%.

1 Like

Are you making another table?