Leitrim Matters, the home of sitka spruce

What’s that?

It’s an interview with a Leitrim man with his complaint about Guinness advertising at 6 nations rugby games. He raises some interesting points on alcohol advertising and related addiction.
I basically didn’t know where to post it, but he’s from Leitrim so I put it here.

1 Like

Some very good points. Noted that alcohol is a strong part of sport and should be curtained but if they are a large sponsor, where do you go? Protect our youth and all that jazz but money talks.
Would imagine Mr O’Hora isn’t too popular with his local publicans.

1 Like

why is he complaining about ads in a foreign country?

This silly cunt popped up here last year with another gripe about something or other of a spurious nature. He’s attempting to whip up support for another assault at a seat in the exalted chambers of Leitrim Co.Council.

In fairness to him he’s in an uphill battle for a seat - 104 first preferences just doesn’t cut it at this level. Still, he’s entitled to contest….

Did I mention that the Green Party are battling to become a force in the county and Leslie, for all his efforts isn’t helping the cause.

:slightly_smiling_face: nuf said so

I see references on Bookface about the passing of Ronan Moran from Drumshanbo suddenly in University of Limerick, only 19.

He was a member of the Allen Gaels club. Anyone know anything more about this? Tragic anyway.

https://www.buzz.ie/news/irish-news/university-limerick-student-death-tributes-29177300

From reading between the lines it looks like suicide.Tragic story and he only a young fella.

Grim looking indeed. You’d suspect the worst and it has that look.

Desperate. Young man, bright future ahead of him, you’d wonder what’s gone wrong.

In other news the world’s longest survivor of the dreaded MND Andy McGovern turns 90 today. One word encapsulates him nicely - Warrior.

3 Likes

My mother is very cynical about him and doesn’t believe that he could possibly have MND for over 40 years.

It must be an extremely rare event that he has lasted so long.

Just seen that article now. Strange that he was found in a premises, potentially misadventure from narcotics? Either way a terrible loss of a young man.

This was, in real terms, a terrible misfortune. Feed of gargle and choked on his own vomit.
While I didn’t know him he was incredibly highly thought of. Very sad. RIP.

Same as @Atticus_Finch.

that is terrible. Could happen anyone after the one too many. RIP

How old was Atticus mate?

Atticus was born in 72 and died in 2010 so he was 38 when he died.A young man in his prime.

6 Likes

RIP. Incredible to think about it.

I thought he was older.

A terrible tragedy. RIP

Time to end this destructive process. Enough is enough……

2 Likes