Leitrim Matters, the home of sitka spruce

If its replacing farmland its a positive

We need a mix of trees including fast growing ones

You have a selective reading capacity when it suits you - it’s 33k hectares and 11k dead-zones. Now I’ve good time for you, you’re an awkward and argumentative individual, witty and acerbic which augments your aura but on this issue - the Sitka spruce pandemic in Leitrim - you’re wrong.

We’re up to our back teeth with this shite, it’s closing in on us like the gas closed in on the misfortunate Jews in the dark days of WW2. Get onto your pal Eamon and put a stop to this emasculation of rural Ireland.

1 Like

we are planting 400 millions trees mate, where do you want them to go

What percentage are native?

1%

50/50

Outside your door.

sweet

I must try get a hold of that book. My late father was a friend of his nephew T. W. who was a bit of a character from my vague recollection of him.

Any current examples?

Hazelwood

Was it a love affair gone wrong?

Is that harvested ground not planted again?

What kind of money was exchanged at the time of that planting? ( when would that site have been planted ? )

That’s been a native forest since 1724. Are you saying its reduced to 50/50 balance?

It was the priest’s child and Dr. Muldoon knew it, probably from the mother. The shit hit the fan and Fr. Ryans, a prominent Republican supporter leant on his buddies who solved his problem for him. The ‘Blacksmith of Balinalee’ Seán MacEoin was rumoured to have ensured that subsequent investigations ran into brick walls an nobody was ever arrested or charged. It was widely known who were involved but they were different times is the excuse given.

1 Like

That his sister Rita? A lovely woman from my recollection.
If that is the same motorbike he had in the 90s I remember that too.

Yes, Yes and I’m not sure on the motorbike question…
The noise levels never changed as far as I remember. A very respectable family all the same.

Not much good for anything else now is it,that’s the whole point.None of them even have planning.To be fair to Coillte years ago if a farm was for sale and a farmer was bidding on it they’d pull out as the agent was usually a local man and valued his knees but these private cunts have no such morals.

1 Like

1 Like