Leitrim -Orange Stronghold

There was once 29 Orange lodges in this tiny county- that must have accounted for 70/80% of the population. No wonder they detest hurling so much. In comparison-

Limerick had three in the City, which were frequnted by the Clare gentry more than anyone- none in the County.

Wexford had a grand lodge and 15 minor lodges - Hun bastards.

Waterford - 2 lodges.

No record of any in Clare but they were stalwarts of the Brunswick clubs

Tipperary - A grand lodge and 3 minor lodges.

Cork - A grand lodge and 21 minor lodges.- Rebels.

Moral of the story, Leitrim men are not to be trusted.

Sure Cork is full of them

Where are they now bud?

[QUOTE=“ChocolateMice, post: 1120131, member: 168”]There was once 29 Orange lodges in this tiny county- that must have accounted for 70/80% of the population. No wonder they detest hurling so much. In comparison-

Limerick had three in the City, which were frequnted by the Clare gentry more than anyone- none in the County.

Waterford - 2 lodges.

Moral of the story, Leitrim men are not to be trusted.[/QUOTE]
Haven’t you rugby practice to be at or something

That’s the rub

Not sure, mate- You’ll have to ask the descendants of these orange men, @farmerinthecity[/USER] and [USER=48]@thedancingbaby

No.

Isn’t Paul o connell the greatest altogether

The greatest what?

Wugby player ever

I haven’t clue mate, but i’m more than happy to bow down to your superior knowledge on the subject. There’s a few rugby threads on the forum if you want to discuss it with the Leinster and Connaught based lads who post there.

More denials. I feels your pain

[QUOTE=“ChocolateMice, post: 1120131, member: 168”]There was once 29 Orange lodges in this tiny county- that must have accounted for 70/80% of the population. No wonder they detest hurling so much. In comparison-

Waterford - 2 lodges.

Moral of the story, Leitrim men are not to be trusted.[/QUOTE]

None in Kilkenny. Le fin!

No need ye know yere English and need no reminder just like back home in dear ol blighty

Gone - because I drove them out! Me and my kind.
Gone but not forgotten Flanagan.

http://www.askaboutireland.ie/_internal/cimg!0/1ixc8mnse126fs1v74a9g3z81t24qbt

Kilkenny had a relatively small Protestant population and while it had Orange men who dipped into lodges in Queen’s Co., Carlow and Tipperary, they don’t seem to have had a lodge. As a result they are lovely wristy hurlers.

Would you go way… They’d fall over themselves in Mullinahone, Cahir or Nenagh if a member of the current Royal family visited.

The initial post was slightly misleading- there were two lodges in County Limerick, one in the city -One in Rahkeale and one in Castle somewhere.

My, how the world has changed- The only Orange-ism in Rathkeale today is from the fake tan the young traveller wans be wearing.

Probably but not back in 1904