Lending Money to a Friend

A fella rocked out to my wedding and was one of the few not to give a gift. Kept the powder dry, because same fella is a good laugh and enjoyable to hang around with. A few months later I got a ton off him when we were in Amsterdam - for narcs of course - and never paid him back. Called it quits after that. Fight fire with fire I say. Have to agree with @TheUlteriorMotive - play the cunt at his own game. Look to borrow the car and once he has it phone him up and say “This is a lovely car. I think I’d like to chat with you about getting my money back faster. As in - lump sum - next week. Man, this car is a beauty”. It’s called ‘the sandwich’.

1 Like

if you’re any kind of a mate and your buddy has been taken for a mug you should call this other cunt out in the most public of places -Christmas eve or Stephens day down the local…embarass the fuck out of him…and if you hadn’t put me on ignore you could have cleared his debt by following my world famous gaa tips…30 quid would have got him 3k …you let yourself down on so many levels…

1 Like

Welcome back scum

1 Like

Hold on, you didn’t get a wedding present, so you stole a grand off him? You know who the cunt is there don’t you?

1 Like

A ton…

1 Like

The Real IRA are good for this kind of situation, I hear. They’d obviously be looking for their cut of the money to take an interest (something in the region of 100%), as they’re mercenary volunteers, but the principle is the most important, thing, right?

1 Like

Always thought a ton was 1000? 1 tonne = 1000 kilos…

1 Like

@flattythehurdler is this you?

For fuck sake

2 Likes

Maybe get Dirty Mike and the Boys to call round?

http://youtu.be/u1j4mK6cs_A

The more you know. @ironmoth, I withdraw my previous post.

1 Like

You really are a green fucker.

2 Likes

Not even in the hapenny place compared to me. Try one loan of 10k, (still promised back once business it helped start has been sold theoretically), another of 25 k as a deposit on a site back in 2007 that your man said he’d had another offer on and pulled out of, then went bankrupt (genuinely) in the US, but still has 2 houses and 30 acres here ( he says he can’t sell either house, but he, will pay me back if or when he does, or will pay me back in labour (he is a builder) I also got taken for a mug on another successful business which despite setting up on a handshake as 50:50 was subsequently registered entirely in the name of the other mother fucking fucker, who changed the locks etc. I’d have gone after that utter cunt but herself said it wasn’t worth the strife.
Oh I also paid off a 1200 debt of a girl who worked for me. This was 2 years ago. She said she’d pay me when she could but it’s unlikely. She did do some work for me for free then but only a couple of hundred worth. I knew I’d not see that again though and she was badly stuck so what can you do? I’ve a great family, a great wife, great friends, a nice home and do OK so can’t complain.

7 Likes

Lucky for her it was yourself and not @HBV.

1 Like

Grew up out in the leafy suburbs of North Circular Road…God help us.

1 Like

Didn’t

Its a good thing youre not a judge on Dragons Den

You seem to trust people too readily, pal. A lot of people are cunts though, especially when it comes to financial matters. It may not matter now as you’re clearly a successful chap but please beware as someone could conceivably take advantage of your good nature down the line, mate.

You’re too kind for your own good, pal. You can’t help the whole world, just look out for you and the family… There’s a great story told in Fargo season 1 about a chap that wanted to save the whole world and ruined himself in the process… @Big_Dan_Campbell might throw up the YouTube clip of it.

I have another similar story @bandage. A friend recently turned 30 and his group of mates chipped in for a present as they had done with the others in the group. One lad suggested a voucher for some activity and said he’d collect the money and get the voucher and pass it on. A year later the lad has not gotten his present yet. The guy that took the money told the others he had passed the voucher on.