Lent

Anyone giving up anything.

Drinking and gambling crossed my mind but I have decided to go 40 days and nights without eating take aways and deliveries of oriental food to my house.

I don’t go in for the whole Lent thing myself and fail to see how depriving yourself of something you personally enjoy benefits society as a whole.

[quote=“thedancingbaby”]Anyone giving up anything.

Drinking and gambling crossed my mind but I have decided to go 40 days and nights without eating take aways and deliveries of oriental food to my house.[/quote]

Check your private messages db

checked ld

Giving up nowt for Lent. Don’t agree much with giving stuff up either.

Lent is a Catholic thing. Who on the forum is Catholic? I’m certainly not so why would I give anything up…

It’s not Catholic, it’s Christian.

I approach Lent much the same way as I approach Christmas.

That’s right - I don’t see a difference. I don’t see why you should overindulge at one time of the year and underindulge at another. To me it strikes of unintelligence and sheep-like behaviour of following the crowd and the norms.

So this Friday night I plan on drinking the same amount as I did the Friday night before Christmas…

Religious whatever, it’s all rubbish

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]I approach Lent much the same way as I approach Christmas.

That’s right - I don’t see a difference. I don’t see why you should overindulge at one time of the year and underindulge at another. To me it strikes of unintelligence and sheep-like behaviour of following the crowd and the norms.

So this Friday night I plan on drinking the same amount as I did the Friday night before Christmas…[/quote]

The over indulgence is nothing to do with Christmas farmer, thats the human spin on it. Getting locked repeatedly has nothing to do with the birth of Christ.

Infact, isn’t Advent a period of preparation much in the same was as Lent is supposed to be?

It’s an excuse to test your self-discipline, it doesn’t have to be religious if you don’t want it to. I gave up the bottle for 3 weeks in January so I sure as fuck ain’t doing that again. Thi I’ll do fizzy drinks for a while, although I was going to do that anyway as I had far too many of them in January. So, basically, not really giving up anything.

You are a fool.

I just have to post it. I’ve been resisting the temptation for days.

My gripe is with fookers who go out at Christmas and fill the pub and then go off beer for January/Lent as if they are some kind of legends when all they are doing is the same as me who keeps a steady flow of beer going all year and does not fluctuate like these fooks who think they have it all sussed.

Breathe.

lent is an excuse for fat birds to go on a diet, even though most of them will fail miserably because they have about 25 “days that don’t count” (such as all their friends birthdays, valentines day, paddy’s day, period day etc) during the period where they allow themselves to pig out (ie eat like the normal fatties that they are)

I plan to lose half a stone over Lent as I am going down a very fat road of late. I’ll be taking everything I enjoy in moderation over this important period in the Christian Calendar. I suppose looking at it I’m giving up over indulgence for Lent.

Last year I gave up the smokes, another year I gave up drink. Even though my abstaination was successful I still felt like I didn’t achieve anything after it, mainly due to the fact that I just substituted gargle for smokes and vice versa!! This years challenge I’ve set myself will be a toughy since there’ll be no replacements for my losses!

Appendage is a moron. I’m gonna help him give up living for lent, or at the very least help him give up walking. What a clown

I’m going old school and giving up sweeties.
No particular reason, just thought it was years since I gave up anything and I might try it.

:clap:

Booooooooooom

:clap:

Ah go shit in your hat. If I want to attempt to give up drinking alcohol for January that’s what I’ll do. I drink year round not just over the Christmas period and yes I did drink too much lately. I can tell you I’m not doing it to follow any sheep but rather I feel like I need a break from it.

1 Like