Leo Varadkar

Whoā€™s saying they should leave? Weā€™re only saying they should pay the stated rate of tax. Where are they going to move to? Donā€™t know of any other countries that offer such a low rate.

Are there any other examples, other than Apple, of MNCs not paying the 12.5%?

Is the proposal to increase from 12.5% and tempt MNCs to leave? To play bluff with a sector that already contributes a huge amount to the public purse?

1 Like

Northern Ireland i believe.

Ok Comrade.

Lads on here want MNCs with the IP in America to pay tax to Paddy that is rightly due to Uncle Sam who is poorer than Paddy. Lickspittles.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure all the MNCā€™s have got a sweet deal. Unless thereā€™s a Sinn Fein majority thereā€™ll never be an increase of the 12.5%. Thereā€™s talks of a unilateral approach on corporation tax which will be bad news for Ireland. If this happens itā€™ll be a lot higher than 12.5%. Ireland will have brought this on themselves due to their legalisation of corporate tax evasion.

So you are paying the top rate on all your income with no credits or write offs?

1 Like

Do Sinn Fein support increasing the corporate tax rate?

Right

[quote=ā€œmikehunt, post:3310, topic:25163ā€]
Ireland will have brought this on themselves due to their legalisation of corporate tax evasion.
[/quote]

Ser Davos has spoken.

3 Likes

Is the editor of The Village a lawyer?

my apologies he isā€¦

1 Like

yes, He obtained a Bachelor of Civil Law Degree and a Diploma in European Law from UCD and a degree of Barrister-at-Law from King Inns

1 Like

is the interim minister of justice a lawyer, given her pronouncements on the matter on RTE?

Lolz, Iā€™ve been on to Revenue to see if they can throw me a makey uppy tax credit thatā€™ll wipe my out my tax liability.

1 Like

Good to hear. His legal skills are a loss to the Library.

Ooooft