Lessons for life from self appointed self help gurus

The pain of discipline or the pain of regret

It is doing a favour to future you who will be thankful

That’s unreal, unbelievable. It really resonated with me. Not from a personal perspective (I’m already perfect) but it’s alarming to observe the complete lack of self awareness in certain other people. Behaving like absolute arseholes and they may be completely oblivious to it. Granted, there’s plenty of people who fully realise they’re acting the cunt too. Self awareness and conscience. That’s changed my life.

1 Like

Having full awareness of being a cunt and continuing to do so is almost psychotic behaviour.

Guilty as charged.

3 Likes

Yes, definitely. There’s also the scenario where someone may totally lack self awareness and be unaware they’re acting the cunt. But then continue to do so after it’s pointed out to them (politely/sensitively or otherwise).

1 Like

Person A- “Hey, you’re acting the cunt”

Person B - “Sorry, I didnt realise I was acting the cunt”

Person A - “Pardon me but you’re still acting the cunt even though I made you aware of it”

Person B - “Yes, I know”

2 Likes

In a nutshell. :clap:

@Tassotti @Bandage @KinvarasPassion @glasagusban

“I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavour”

Henry David Thoreau

4 Likes

2 Likes

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

• OLIVER WENDELL HOLMES

Some interesting, life affirming and thought provoking quotes and discourse here this week but let’s not neglect the importance of having these quotes set against a picture background.

2 Likes

Noted.

1 Like

It was a note to myself more than anyone. Most quotes are much more meaningful when you can see daffodils in the background.

1 Like

7 Likes

Wake up, @maroonandwhite. Time to attack the day.

1 Like

Ya but sometimes the message is lost in a photo.

A pretty landscape is also vital @bandage

1 Like

this one is a game changer lads

Don’t worry if someone says ‘you’ve changed’. That just means you’ve stopped living your life the way ‘they’ want you to

@TheUlteriorMotive

3 Likes

1 Like

@balbec, this could be helpful pal.