My lovely horse running through the field

There is zero chance of a tote system being introduced here but agreed betting advertising should be banned.

Nearly every premier league is now tied in to a betting company. That isnā€™t right.

I donā€™t bet at all, and can count on two hands the amount of times I laid a bet in my life (the last was well over a decade ago). I can see the appeal of it, and Iā€™d often see the tips fired out in the golf threads etc. and have a little think about it, and let it pass. I think some people can do it without it being all consuming, but that is probably based on your personality.

As for horse ā€˜racingā€™, I donā€™t consider it a sport. I think itā€™s bonkers that we still have people that like watching little lads whipping horses around a field in the year 2021, but each to their own I suppose

3 Likes

Oireland and the UK are very much outliers in that the sports either donā€™t benefit or benefit some small token amount from being gambled on. If a sport is gambled on, then it should get a major slice of that gambling action, itā€™s only fair.

1 Like

Everyone has different interests but it seems the way the country is going now if you donā€™t have interest in something you want it banned or stopped.

I love pretty much all sports bar motor sports. I donā€™t get the appeal at all but have plenty of friends who love it.

Each to their own I guess.

He sees @backinatracksuit a teacher and a parent of a child with needs differing to other kids as easy targets here.

1 Like

I posted about this a few years ago. The table would be out of date now, but still relevant:

Hard to disagree with any of that. Iā€™d bet during NFL season watching redzone for a bit if craic. But I might have 2 five euro bets onā€¦ Thereā€™s some people genuinely into horse racing, but theyā€™re few and far between. Itā€™s all about gamblingā€¦ And whipping horses

yeah they are moving into LOI now as well with Rovers and Dundalk as these clubs now have an international element and will progress in that new Europa Conference league starting in July.
Its absolutely disgusting to see it really, having to explain what this is to an 8 year old devalues the game and the shirtā€¦ they ask you what us Funbet and you are telling them about gambling at that ageā€¦

it makes me sick

IVECO/ JVC /SHARP/CROWN PAINTS/CR SMITH/NEC/Wang and Quinsworth were so much better

Personally I would like to see any ā€˜sportā€™ that utilises animals for entertainment banned.
Iā€™ve always found them wrong. My motherā€™s family were big coursing people from West Limerick, but thankfully that was never something that was around us. I just cannot understand it.

I also say this as someone who eats animals, so do note some contradictions perhaps.

1 Like

Racing and betting are linked like no other sport. There is no real need for football to be tied in with betting but it is.

Like tomorrow in Cheltenham there is four grades ones in Cheltenham. On the betfair exchange thereā€™s nearly been 600k matched on the Wolves v pool game tonight. Only 250k on the champion hurdle tomorrow and even less on the other big races.

A dead rubber pl game attracts more money than Cheltenham.

Thatā€™s fair enough and like you couldnā€™t pay me to watch dog racing tbh.

Interesting point about food too.

I respect your views tbh.

Global sport & match tonight.

UK & Ireland supported event & races on tomorrow.

But, on Betfair the soccer is being supported moreā€¦

You did. NPHET public health advice was that it was safe to open schools for special needs kids.

Here it is for you again in black and white.

These fellas would gladly watch kids with special needs whipped around a field if they could gamble on it.

5 Likes

He seems to think he can keep rabbiting away about horses and gambling and flinging mud at everyone who pulls him up on it and it will go away. He said something that was both appalling and factually incorrect. If he retracts his comments and apologies, thatā€™ll be the end of it as far as Iā€™m concerned. There wonā€™t be another word about it. Until he does that, iā€™ll forever pull him up on his post of shame.

3 Likes

Itā€™s very sad to see a father of a child with special needs use them as a pawn in their argument after theyā€™ve been caught out lying.

You are absolutely shaming yourself over and over again here.

You arenā€™t going to bully me.

3 Likes

Are you for real? You were the one who felt the need to bring special needs kids and their parents into a discussions about the wrongs of Cheltenham going ahead last year. Completely from left field, you had a swipe at the moves that were afoot back in January and February to re-open schools (in line with public health advice) and the possible necessity for court action to achieve that.

1 Like

Mods need to step in here. He has to go.

Lads, would you consider shaking hands and leaving it at that?

1 Like

You are making up various lies again.

I pointed out your lying and hypocrisy towards public health. I didnā€™t mention anything about your kids nor did I mock them.

The only time I ever mentioned anything to do with your kids on this site was a few months back when I suggested you could maybe find a private pool in your area If the public ones remained closed.

Youā€™ve absolutely shamed yourself again trying to pedal this lie that I mocked special needs kids desperately hoping for lads to pile in on me. Itā€™s disgusting and the actions of a bully.

You started claiming everyone that went to Cheltenham is a muderer but furiously defend all the other sporting events that went ahead. You are a complete hypocrite.

You arenā€™t the nice man you desperately try and let on. Take your rubbish somewhere else would be my advice.