Let's All Laugh At Sevco Thread

1 Like

Is Jordan Jones angling for the new Nacho Novo bottomfeeder role?

Sevco close to signing Swedish international centre half Filip Helander from Bologna for around €4.5m.

I thought they were broke?

More good news for Mr Ashley today in a win over Sevco in the courts.

Sevco challenged the above ruling, citing a £1m maximum liability clause and negotiated a deal with Hummel and elite. The judge has now ruled that they weren’t allowed to do that and the £1m liability limit doesn’t apply.

So they paid £3m to exit from the Mike Ashley deal and now they:

Have to pay over 1 million in fines (amount to be determined)
Pay a % of last year’s revenue to Sports Direct
Pay a % of this year’s revenue to Sports Direct
Still have to negotiate with Sports Direct every year on commercial terms.

4 Likes

Ah I love seeing this thread bumped.

This was good last week.

2 Likes

Do they not take legal advice before making a show of themselves

That’s glorious. Matched only by…

4 Likes

This seems legit, as they say these days.

2 Likes

I heard that the Boris-Brexit chatter had seen the GBP take a nosedive but I didn’t realise it was to that extent.

Crikey.

Wasn’t there some talk that if Rangers didn’t sell him and for decent money they’d be bust again soon?

So there was no bid and if it had happened it was for half the price they first said

2 Likes

The Huns were never good when it came to numbers and money, they do have previous when it comes to lying about money also

They lied 18 months about getting a bid when they got a pay day loan from Close Brothers, who still demanded security over assets. Remember that Rangers fans called Mike Ashley and others the same for giving the club loans like that.

All so they can get an emergency few quid to pay off Mike Ashley again. The rank incompetence is hilarious.

They had another day out in court today.

Have to pay 450k in legal fees to Sports Direct. They’re not allowed to sell their third kit this season. They are not allowed play in or advertise or sell a Hummel kit next season (even though they contracted with Hummel) and they can’t sell it through Elite (even though they contracted with Elite).

So they will likely face legal bills from Hummel and Elite for inevitably breaking those contracts as well as the as yet undetermined amount they have to pay Sports Direct for not honouring the contract with them. They could hardly have handled this any worse. And they paid £3m for this right!

2 Likes

Either their legal advisors were asleep at the wheel or the Board are complete morons.

Remember the jubilation when they thought they had got rid of him for nothing. :smile:

They try to initiate these bidding wars and enlist the help of the compliant jocko media, but everyone sees through it. Do they seriously expect people to believe a Chinese outfit was willing to pay £30m for Morelos but were scuppered when he wouldn’t agree to join before their transfer deadline today? Do they think it’ll prompt some European club to fire in a £30m bid themselves?

1 Like

Sounds like they are getting legal advice from @artfoley

4 Likes