Let's All Laugh At Sevco Thread

In that we are not?

1 Like

He comes across as a nice guy but his managerial and assistant managerial / coaching record is fairly poor. He’s seemed a bit clueless.

Benitez figured him out quickly enough by shunting him to the wing. Didn’t have the discipline to dominate in the middle. Laughable that he is compared to midfielders like Keane and Vieira. Capable of some great moments but never dominated like a supposedly world class midfielder should.

I think he’ll be an absolute disaster at Rangers. Doesn’t seem the best communicator. It’d be a hard job for a seasoned, battle hardened manager never mind a rookie. Celtic to have 8 in a row wrapped up by the middle of November.

1 Like

Another Klopp masterstroke.

Pep and Zidane took over two of the greatest club teams in the World, both sides were already nearly complete and had huge financial backing.
Gerard is taking over a bankrupt pub side and will have to completely rebuild the team from scratch. Slight difference

Eh…John Barnes, a failure? Thin line…

What if?

What if Henrik Larsson hadn’t broken his leg!

John Barnes up to Henrik breaking his leg had the most successful win ratio than any other Celtic manager before him!. Per game he was the most successful manager… until B Rodgers.

The week before Henrik broke his led he complained that Celtic gave the ball away too easy even though they’d beaten Aberdeen 7.0.

When Henrik broke his leg the cards came tumbling down…like Geoffrey’s world when Rangers were liquidated

I don’t follow Scottish soccer very closely. I’ll take your word for it so, John Barnes at Glasgow Celtic was a success. Strange though that the board saw fit to sack him after 8 months.

Did Super Caley go Ballistic, Celtic are Atrocious never happen?

John Barnes was the most successful manager per game until Henrik Larsson broke his leg.

Is that Success or not?

What a lovely piece of fishing. Do you recall reggie blinker and Rafael shite?
Reggie blinker was a lovely man, but was so poor that he got cheered on to the pitch when brought on as a sub by the huns at ibrox.

He was good that season, nearly won the title in fact.

I would have thought Jock Stein would be regarded as the most successful manager of Glasgow Celtic. I’ll defer to your expertise on soccer in Scotland though and if it’s John Barnes that’s the most successful, so be it.

I’m a Celtic fan and I’m not Catholic.

There were significant rumors of major transfer dealing shenanigans in the barnes/Dalglish era.

I’d say you were a big hit with the Faithful Companion of Jesus nuns in your school days in Bunclody with your edgy embrace of atheism and godless values.

1 Like

The nuns all loved me Jeff. I’m a very polite and respectful person, to those who deserve it.

Barnes lost the dressing room . The players went for a meal and Barnes came into the restaurant. One of the players was drinking 7 up but Barnes accused him of drinking alcohol and to prove it drank the players 7up. He was ridiculed after that

1 Like

Loaded with sugar. What sort of a pro drinks 7 up?

This was the 90s mate

1 Like