Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

You’re (a stupid cunt)

Senior B Promotion Final

South Liberties vs Adare

Always hard to get a read on these teams, as often it comes down to who actually wants to win it more. Sometimes teams are happy enough to stay down in the lower tier, as they perceive they have a better chance of winning a county title from there. It obviously didn’t work out for either side this year, but both put it up to the two sides who are in the county final. I don’t think either should fear any of the other sides if they were to go up. From having seen both a couple of times, I think Adare are a little bit ahead of Liberties and should probably do enough to win this one. Will Ronan Connolly pick up Barry Nash like he did for Aaron Gillane & Kyle? He’s done well in that man marking role so far. Will Conor McSweeney be able to keep a handle on Hannon, and will Brian Nash keep Willie quiet? I think Adare just have that little bit more and I also fancy that they are more eager to be playing at the higher grade, Adare by 4.

Junior A Quarter-Finals

Mungret/St. Paul’s 2 (5/4) vs St. Patrick’s (4/6)
Ballybricken/Bohermore (10/11) vs Killeedy (10/11)
Doon 2 (5/4) vs St. Kieran’s (4/6)
Caherline (5/4) vs Ballybrown 2 (4/7)

If you had been asked to pick the eight quarter-finalists at the outset, I don’t know how many of these sides would have been picked. None of last year’s semi-finalists made it through, only two of these sides made quarter-finals last year. Obviously the groups teams were drawn in makes a big impact, but people would definitely have favoured Patrickswell 2, Castletown/Ballyagran and Drom/Broadford to make it to this stage.

Kieran’s have come from a situation where they only won one game last year, only two the year before and took a hammering in their first encounter this year to end up qualifying. Kilteely/Dromkeen, the side who hammered them, are out. The two East sides, Ballybricken/Bohermore and Caherline, didn’t come near qualifying last year but have been flying this year. Killeedy probably would have been one of the teams expected to go through, but maybe not after Ballybrown beat them; Ballybrown must now fancy themselves as one of the favourites; again, a side that didn’t come near qualifying last year. The other second teams, Mungret and Doon, came out of the same group. No team won all their group matches, Mungret were the closest but fell in their last game to Feenagh/Kilmeedy. Apparently they have burned a couple on the way, while Doon burned two in their senior semi-final against Kilmallock which may weaken them. Pat’s were many people’s favourites to win it outright and overcame a shock loss to Kieran’s to defeat Kilteely/Dromkeen in their last group game.

I’m going to tip Pat’s to beat Mungret on the basis that Mungret have possibly lost one or two and that Pat’s are coming good at the right time and in the Hegartys have a little bit of elite power which Mungret may find it hard to handle, even if Mungret are a well-rounded, skilful side. Pat’s by 3.

Killeedy came through a battle against Castletown/Ballyagran to come through, they only needed a draw to qualify on score difference. Ballybricken/Bohermore ended up hammering Templeglantine in their final game to secure their place; their only defeat came after a last minute goal conceded to Crecora. Killeedy would certainly be the more fancied side on paper, but they’ve been in these situations before and never done it. I’m going to go with B/B on this occasion, think they have a lot of momentum behind them. B/B by 4.

Much like Mungret, I’m going to say that the loss of Jack Cummins & Darragh Stapleton, two key junior players for Doon, will be vital and that Kieran’s will beat them on that basis. I wouldn’t have fancied Kieran’s from the outset but they’ve picked up some very impressive results since that opening day defeat and are well set up for a dogfight too. Kieran’s by 4.

Ballybrown obviously haven’t lost anybody further although it seems that a few players who played in the senior relegation final played junior after that; not sure what the story with that is, maybe it’s not seen as Championship? Or maybe they were blood subs. Unusual anyway. I just like Caherline this year, did suffer one defeat but when they had to, they dug out a couple of really big results to get through the group. Ballybrown obviously picked up some great wins, the only blip was a shock defeat to Rathkeale which seemed to come out of nowhere. On pure results, you’d have to go with Ballybrown, who beat C/B and Killeedy, two of the real favourites for the competition but I think Caherline will do it. Caherline by 2.

3 Likes

I don’t like cocaine, I just like the smell of it

I’m not the fella telling a public forum his mate the S&C coach is talking to young lads about their cocaine habits & reasoning for it.

Don’t see anything wrong with discussion. May as well put light on these things.

1 Like

You’ll get no discussion out of that pants sniffer

How much in Euros would you need for a good night out?

God forbid anyone should talk to young lads or learn what way they look at issues that affect them.

1 Like

Ssshhh now blabber mouth

You’re a complete and utter idiot.

You are the idiot

Is it possible it is better for you than going on an absolute bender?

Full Time

Mungret 0-11
St Pats 0-13

Full Time

Ballybricken/Bohermore 3-15
Killeedy 1-19

KP 2 up, 10 left

Classic Kileedy

1 Like

K/P win by 2

3 Likes

It’s possible I suppose, I’m sure you find evidence to support in either direction.

1 Like

Yerrah

Gavin out!