Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Will TG4 be showing highlights?

And a real desire to go for goal, he could easily have tapped over a handy point.

Very true. He was already off balance and, watching, I was thinking heā€™ll have done well to get a point for his effort. Very impressive to first spot and then make the pass.

Is young Oā€™Neill from Blackrock any relation of John Oā€™Neill from the ā€˜84 minor team?

Son AFAIK.

Edit - from the club bookface pageā€¦

Blackrock GAA notes
Limerick Minor Hurlers have won the Munster final beating Tipperary after extra time 2 22 to 0 25. Well done to the Limerick team including Sean Oā€™Neill, team management and all involved with the team. Fine display by the Limerick hurlers, the future looks bright, Luimneach abu

The last time Limerick beat Tipperary in the Minor Munster final John Oā€™Neill, Seanā€™s father was playing. It has been a good week for Limerick hurling with the enjoyment of the All Ireland hurling final still felt. It has been a pleasure to read the papers and see the comments on social media.

1 Like

Thanks. The father won an U21 as well i think

He did.
Played first half of mshc v cork in 1994 and replaced by Steve mcdonagh

2 Likes

They should be lashing the rest of the minor championship off ASAP

Munster champions should get a bye into the final and play it off on Sunday. Itā€™s endangering public health keeping a repechage team like Galway involved

Tomorrow & a Christmas Eve final?

A blitz on Stephens day

I watched the game this mornig (its on youtue) he is a bit of stuff alright definatley one for the future. I thought Kirby was very good at times (midfield?). Limerick backs excellant too. Adam English skill is unreal and to see that pass and take it on was brilliant. Thats an excellant Tipp side too, their 14 (who creased English) and 6, paticularily.

2 Likes

Iā€™m told that Galway have 10 from last yearā€™s All Ireland winning Minor team involved, including 8 that played on All Ireland Final day last year. Thatā€™s a strong side.

Theyā€™re strong this year as always though mate.

Beating Tipp and winning the munster final for our minors was the goal. Everything else now is a bonus. A minor AI would be great, but its not the most important thing.

1 Like

Will it be played? Whenā€™s it down for

January, but all minor and U20 competitions will be suspended again once we re-enter Level 5.

Whats the story with the u21 club championships in 2021 mate?

Will they be played off early do you reckon.

Wouldnā€™t think so, bud.

If I was to guess, Iā€™d say the hurling could kickstart the club championship season in July on a knockout or semi-knockout basis. Iā€™d imagine the football will be quite late in the year as always.

1 Like

That confirmed??

Its going to be particularly difficult to squeeze in u19 this year