Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Itā€™s an unnecessary grade in my opinion.

Simply go with 13s, 15s, 17s, 20s and thatā€™s plenty.

All 20 year olds have progressed to one of their Adult teams, not to mind u21s. Will add to the Fixture clog

3 Likes

All Ireland champions, aaaaaagh, thatā€™s nice.

1 Like

yurt my friend

1 Like

Plus double Munster and league champions.

2 Likes

Any news re: various club managements for 2021?

I presume Bermo, Fanning & co. will stay on with NaP and have a crack off an AI?

Quilty joining Ward in Doon?

Havenā€™t heard anything on whether Considine is staying with Kilmallock or Carey with the Well.

Ballybrown got promoted to Senior A but Evan Loftus is moving on after a good long spell in charge.

Davy Ryan over the Bouncers.

Our mutual neighbourā€™s took to Twitter to announce Joe Oā€™Connor

Himself & Pat Hack, I think.

Hack did well with the minors but, in fairness, Loftus & Tucker did really well this year.

No word on it but presumably they stay in place.

This year is by far and away the best we played since we reached the AI final, itā€™s genuinely a pity from that perspective that there is no AI series. A few years ago it looked like there was another AI in the team.

1 Like

In the two big matches, yeah. Thought ye looked poor the first day out against Kilmallock but unbelievable in the semi & final.

1 Like

Iā€™m watching back for the first time here the u21 munster final V Cork. Unreal game, Hannon Dowling, Coughlan, Walsh, Mul all unreal but Alan dempsey was some player (cc @Bandage @glasagusban). But when you realize this was only 2 years after the 2009 SF V Tipp and what came after, there was always hurlers there

2 Likes

Jamie Coughlan was some player back in those days.

There was pressure on hannon back then. The great hope.

Downes was at peak hype levels that year but had a quiet game v Cork

What year did Downes play v Wexford maybe in a qualifier? He swung one or two points over that day.

he went into midfield in the game and was unreal

Aye great talent

1 Like

Remember Limerick lost the semi final of the under 21 that year to Galway and there was solicitors letters flying around the place as to whether The Dow was instructed to go for goal or a point with a late free :joy:

2012 Id sat in the Gaelic grounds

1 Like

That 2011 u21ā€™s team gave us a great platform though.

Hon Limerick, better days are ahead and maybe a couple more All Irelands!!

1 Like

It did and when you remember the couple of years beforeā€¦