Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Who is the Claughaun player who was out half for Ard Scoil but knocked it on its head because he wanted to give the 20s a go?

1 Like

There is very little in that article really. There is a huge vacuum for sports journalists and it needs to be filled .

The real story is that rugby is in decline . Hurling is Lk has absolutely nothing to do with that .

3 Likes

Hegarty is a cert for HOTY.

1 Like

Knocked rugger on the head?.. Are you getting mixed up there?

I just didnā€™t know there were any Claughaun fellas on the 20s panel for 2021.

Up hurling.

Munster rubby killed rubby in Limerickā€¦ @chocolatemice told us this over 10 years ago.

3 Likes

The players are voting for it so I doubt Kelly wins it.

1 Like

No

You sure? I thought it was journalists

The Irish Times article today said the players vote for HOTY

1 Like

The expert committee (sniggers) shortlists, the players select

Is the Robbie Bourke referenced in that the Adare footballer?

I think Jeremy Staunton also played minors and u21s football with Limerick ?

Perhaps the GAA should use it as a cautionary tale about the perils of forgetting about your volunteer club structure.

The players wonā€™t just keep appearing if you lose your volunteer juvenile coaches on the ground.

5 Likes

Be surprised if Staunton did as he was pretty much straight into the Munster setup from school.

I find usually these articles come 2 or 3 years after the wheel has already turned. No doubt Munster in a mess but thereā€™s a serious group on the verge of the first team now.

But how many from Limerick? Thatā€™s the point.

How many on the 15 from limerick the last time they won the Heineken Cup?

But is whatā€™s coming after. Those boys coming through now were still in strong club setups in Limk and had Munster competing to look to when they were 10, 12 etc.

The boys of same age now of 10, 12 etc, the club system in Limk is an bad shape. More effort needed in building strong club game again as limk rugbyā€™s competitiveness came from there traditionally, not schools.

Ya true but they said Munster rugby would finish limerick hurling. The bones of this limerick team would have between 8ā€“15 when Munster were at there most dominant and the hurlers at there worst. It literally had no impact.

1 Like