Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

I heard yesterday 13 limerick born players in the Munster 15 that played in 00 final but I presume there complete horse shit? Maybe 13 limerick club players.

Who said that? I follow both sports, think an awful.lot of Limerick people do.

Of course it affected them. Look at the rise of Na P and Ard Scoil shur. That certainly would have taken numbers that previously would have been on the Shannon conveyor belt. Shannon being limks most decorated club 2 decades + ago, has been in the shitter for a decade.

Shannon were busrtung at the seams with players underage. They’ve had to combine with Mary’s to field teams in recent times

Yeah that’s not even remotely accurate

I make it 4

Sounds about right. So not a huge change

Did you have David Wallace as Limerick?

Every sport goes through peaks and throughs. Munster were never going to keep going. Nor will the limerick hurlers. The wheel will turn. If Munster have the right underage coaches in place limerick hurling will have little or no impact bar the odd guy every couple of years.

Wallace, Hayes, O’Connell and Flannery??

Flannery wasn’t near the team in 00

Wallace is from Cobh

Cork have their best batch of underage hurlers and rugby players coming through at the one time. They are probably benefitting from each other’s success.

The big issue with these articles is you’ll get clowns on the hurling side delighted with themselves and probably stop putting in the effort underage and we’ll be back to square one again.

There is plenty of room for both sports.

Was on a minor team that Kerry beat in Munster Final. Limerick were robbed the same day, Scully from Galbally got a goal but it rebounded back out and was never given. Would have been 98 id say.

1 Like

He was some talent underage. Just couldn’t take that next step. A bit if similarity with JJ hanrahan

Staunton just lacked a little bit upstairs. He was rugby player. He’d all the skills.

That is the same Robbie Bourke, one-time Limerick minor footballer and Limerick senior panellist. A brother to current Limerick senior High Bourke.

Staunton played minor in 97 & 98 half-forward and centre-forward. He was an excellent player, fine ball-winner and of course a huge and very accurate boot.

1 Like

Did Sean Cronin play underage for Limerick?

Up to U16 AFAIK. Won a County with Monaleen in 2005.

1 Like

Not minor afaik as posted

what was his club?

On a point of order regarding that article…

1. The ASR out-half from Claughaun who wouldn’t play club with Shannon last year because of wanting to make the Limerick U20 Hurlers appears to be a complete fabrication?

2. Limerick Minors did not train on the night Limerick won the Senior All Ireland.

3. Limerick Underage Academy do not have an u13 team.

Limerick GAA has no impact on Munster Rugby and vice versa. Mothers and Fathers are no longer willing to send their sons to play a sport like rugby, it’s really as simple as that.

The middle classes have chosen Hurling as their sport of choice for little Fiachra and little Fionn and that’s what is the real difference.

2 Likes