Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Thanks for that. Another Sheares Street man gone. RIP.

1 Like

ā€œIā€™ve a few complaints, but nothing seriousā€, he says to me the last time we met in Woodies. Big smile on his face as usual. Must be nearly a year ago now.

Was it yourself here that met Bertie in Woodies?

Didnā€™t he retire from the train driving early? He was on our 1960 team. My father used to go to matches with him.

No, I met one of the Cranberries in Dunnes once. One of the Nolan brothers. He was wearing those Bono type stand-out blue glasses. To be honest I had to get confirmation from the young lad packing the bags as to who he was. So I didnā€™t claim it as a spot at the time.

1 Like

He did. He had very bad health around retirement age and was on deaths door so to speak, but recovered well and drank a few pints after. I bumped in to him after a championship match in the 41 around the mid 90s. He was with a few other auld codgers, probably your father crew.

Joe Naughton will be upset.

RIP Jimmy a great man

3 Likes

Joe is a sound man. A teacher in Corbally (although probably retired now). Would see him at most games.

Joe is long retired. County medal in 1960 aged eighteen.

2 Likes

I think I hooked up with his daughter a few timesā€¦

1 Like

The funeral is on Saturday in Caherdavin. Then they are bringing him home to the balbec.

1 Like

Just left my condolences on RIP, I never realised he was Life President of Kilmallock.

2 Likes

Ah sure he loved the place. Even shouted for them when heā€™s son was playing for Na Piarsaigh.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s absolutely class. Respect that so much. And Iā€™m sure his youngfella did too.

If you truly love your club you couldnā€™t shout for anyone against them, no matter if youā€™d 6 sons playing against them

2 Likes

Heā€™d be down for all our pre-season minor challenge matches. Reporting everything back down south. Iā€™d only be laughing at the good in it, but some lads took a very dim view.

Weā€™d another lad here took it to a level way above that. Heā€™d be shouting for his home county when his own son was playing for Limerick. I didnā€™t know what to make out of that to be honest.

1 Like

Remember the number plate!!!:sob:

1 Like

My mam was a Barrs woman, she used to pretend to be delighted if they beat us and disappointed if we won, I know now that she was just teaching me a lesson about loyalty

2 Likes

It must have been great all the same for the likes of young @Bod95 to have someone from a big club around the place when he was learning the game.

1 Like