Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Pick a side or jog on

Couldnā€™t you let out twice as many roars the following day?

The dinner table would be a picture that evening, the six or seven lads all buzzing, and @Breaking_my_balls sulking in the corner with his bacon and spuds on his knee, his back to them all, grumbling under his breath, bemoaning the absence of a Magdalene laundry for traitorous sons.

3 Likes

This really needs woolly to throw up a drunken poll on twitter. The results breakdown between the well rounded metropolitan elite, and the emotionally stunted rural ffg types would be interesting.

1 Like

Why couldnā€™t I congratulate them and tell them I was happy for them and proud of them? Which would be the honest truth. Iā€™d see that as pretty normal :man_shrugging:

ā€œSplit the cunt. I have him on my vhiā€

15 Likes

Oh I know the type youā€™d be. Head to toe in the new club gear including scarf, pretending not to see old neighbours, shouting loudly at the ref for every decision to go the way for your new club, getting comically animated if one of your sons gets on the ball so as to let the old neighbours know which one is your son, making a general clown of yourself.

No class. No dignity. No respect.

Meanwhile, Iā€™m in the corner of the stand on my own. No colours of either club on show. Watching quietly, warmly saluting new neighbours and old, saying or shouting nothing.

Dignified. Respectful. Class.

1 Like

If it was cold or wet Iā€™d watch it from the range rover so they wouldnā€™t hear me anyway.

6 Likes

Great class, dignity and respect on display from you here.

:laughing:

I agree to be honest. I hope itā€™s of benefit to the types who wouldnā€™t understand club loyalty.

It may also help the rural inbred to try at least to imagine that a man could like his children more than a hurling club.

cc @LionelRitchie I canā€™t see what would be wrong with this :man_shrugging:

Iā€™ve really got at you with the Galway City Hurling Club jibe havenā€™t I? :sunglasses: :clap:

Christ this is woeful.

Errr

1 Like

So woeful you read it all :slightly_smiling_face:

Lads think @myboyblue kids will be upset heā€™s supporting another club at a match. :sweat_smile:

Theyā€™d just be delighted to be out of the bloody basement.

2 Likes

I thought the ā€œsplit himā€¦heā€™s on my VHIā€ quip was funny and accordingly awarded @flattythehurdler a like.

1 Like