Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

He failed in a basic test for a limerick hurler. He hasnā€™t burned a Tipp Jersey

He doesnā€™t have the dog in him. Iā€™d agree heā€™s the perfect replacement for Hannon. But he hasnā€™t the legs for half back or the work rate for half forward or midfield. Iā€™d personally think heā€™s worth a place in the squad. But Kiely had him 21s as well and for whatever reason heā€™s not a fan. Who are we to second guess

Maybe he doesnā€™t have it, but not giving him a chance in the League at least is bizarre given his pedigree at Harty/Fitzgibbon/Club/Minor/Under 21.

It is what it is I suppose.

1 Like

Iā€™d give him a go myself. He was one of the best underage players ever seen

3 Likes

Cian Lynch was way better on the same team

He was but the two of them were the lads we were going to build the team around

50% is a decent return. Move on. The other fella hasnā€™t got it

Ronan Lynch should be on any panel of 36 in Limerick . I canā€™t believe anyone would think differently

2 Likes

Kiely played Ronan inside corner forward, wing back, midfield, half forward. He had cian lynch centre back over him for a game below in pairc ui rinn. He never fancied him

Better than the return we got from a lot of our underage teams.

They were very different but Iā€™d have probably had Ronan Lynch ahead from the Ard Scoil days.

To get Cian through in the manner he has is all youā€™d want really from that team

In truth, I never saw much in Ronan Lynch and I happened to see that Limerick minor team a lot around 2013/14. A fine sticksman without being dominant, fairly slow and overrated based on being a good long range free taker I wouldā€™ve thought

4 Likes

We arent like tipp where great stickmen fall off of trees and grow in fields

1 Like

He never stepped up

Ah he gave a bit of an exhibition in a minor match before a Tipp game one day. Was good in most of those minor games.

In his club senior debut vs Portumna he was very good too.

At Harty Cup he stood out more than Cian i felt from the few games I was at.

I just donā€™t get how he was basically thrown on the inter county scrap heap after a league semi final against Waterford about 3 weeks after Na Piarsaigh won the Club All Ireland.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think he is good enough to be a starter but again we do not have 36 better hurlers in the county

1 Like

The Limerick hype machine destroyed Ronan Lynch

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a very good reason why ronan Lynch isnā€™t on the panel and he only has himself to blame for it.

Team named and they obsessed with a fella who was never getting picked, theyā€™re that relaxed or they really donā€™t give a fuck about you lot

1 Like